Trusted Applications -Exclusions- which boxes to check?

ccm58

I am using Kaspersky Security Cloud Free. 

I have a question about Trusted Applications in Settings. All I want is for KSC not to interfere with some applications, not to scan files which they open and not to scan the program files every time I open them. 

I am not sure what some of the boxes mean. The Kaspersky online Help doesn't explain in detail to the average user what they mean,

Can anyone recommend which boxes to check? 

• 2 weeks later...

Any antivirus program will slow down programs due to its realtime scanning. Which is why Kaspersky has a Trusted Applications section.  

I want to exclude video editing software and defrag software so that it won't slow them down. Esp. when I'm creating a backup image of Windows in case my computer can't start up. Some even disable for gaming software.

I read elsewhere to check all the boxes so that answers my question.

• 1 year later...
On 1/6/2022 at 6:53 PM, ccm58 said:

Any antivirus program will slow down programs due to its realtime scanning. Which is why Kaspersky has a Trusted Applications section.  

I want to exclude video editing software and defrag software so that it won't slow them down. Esp. when I'm creating a backup image of Windows in case my computer can't start up. Some even disable for gaming software.

I read elsewhere to check all the boxes so that answers my question.

Antivirus programs can slow down some applications due to real-time scanning, but excluding certain applications may compromise security. Excluding specific files, folders, or processes known to be safe is recommended. It is not advisable to simply check all the boxes to exclude everything. Consider temporarily disabling the antivirus during a backup process to ensure it doesn't interfere.