Trouble Accessing “Account settings” Within My Kaspersky

masteryoda1041

I apparently have a 2-step authenticator app connected to My Kaspersky, but Kaspersky does not appear to be in any of the authenticator apps I use. As a result, I want to temporarily remove the app authentication option from My Kaspersky and start over. However, somewhere along the way, I lost access to the page that said such an app is connected to my account. Upon clicking “Account settings,” entering my password, and selecting “Continue,” I am prompted to enter a security code. To my knowledge, I have no way of obtaining a security code. How could I resolve this?

6 hours ago, masteryoda1041 said:
  • I apparently have a 2-step authenticator app connected to My Kaspersky, but Kaspersky does not appear to be in any of the authenticator apps I use.
  • I want to temporarily remove the app authentication option from My Kaspersky and start over.
  • Upon clicking “Account settings,” entering my password, and selecting “Continue,” I am prompted to enter a security code.
  • I have no way of obtaining a security code. 

Hello @masteryoda1041

Welcome! back!

1. Which device: AndroidiOSWindowsmacOS - is the Kaspersky software installed on? 
  2. We're trying to work out where you're stuck, if you've enabled 2FA, Authenticator apps, you would have seen the following screen - do you recognize it: 
    Spoiler

image.png.ab484d6ced4d1b2368e435e46ca1efe1.png

3. ?Even if there's a problem with the Authenticator, the fallback - SMS CODE to mobile, should always be available - it's the primary DEFAULT -> SMS CODE to mobile is used to setup 2FA in the first place - the Authenticator cannot (have) been setup, unless 2FA to the MOBILE was done? 
  • ?IF 2FA is active, you can get the CODE, via a SMS to a MOBILE phone?

How 2FA works, in the first instance

• (a) Sign into MyK, select Account Settings, select Security, select Setup
  • (b) Enter (MyKaspersky) Password
  • (c) Add phone number
  • (d) Select Save
  • (e) MyKaspersky sends a SMS to the mobile number. 
  • (f) Add that code to MyKaspersky screen, select Save
  • (g) MyKaspersky gives a 'Well done' screen
  • (h) Select Continue -> screen reverts to 2FA screen, where the Authenticator app can be activated, the original ph# can be changed or 2FA can be disabled entirely 

If the above is not helpful or you're still stuck, please log a request with Kaspersky Support, on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunctionOther template? 

Please share the outcome, with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

How to set up two-step verification

About two-step verification via an authenticator app