Transfer of the safe between password managers: LastPass and Kaspersky

Go to solution Solved by Otreblada,

Hello everyone, I'm trying to transfer my safe between LastPass (LP) and Kaspersky (K) for more than 300 sites. The explanations of both providers are clear, but there are gaps. But, I am stuck on the transfer of the data page from LP to K. I have a file of this data in Windows 10, it is called 1, without suffix, and it is generated by LP. The import by K does not work. He does not see the file (without suffix). What can I do? Thank you.

Hello everyone, I'm trying to transfer my safe between LastPass (LP) and Kaspersky (K) for more than 300 sites. I am stuck on the transfer of the data page from LP to K. I have a file of this data in Windows 10, it is called 1, without suffix, and it is generated by LP. The import by K does not work. He does not see the file (without suffix).
Hello papagolf, Welcome! The imported file needs to be in .csv format, example lastpass-import.csv. There must be a file extension/suffix. And, if you are using Kaspersky free software, only 15 entries maximum are allowed. Please let us know KPM version and if it's free or premium please? Many thanks.:pray_tone3:

Hello Flood, Thank you. I'm with version 9.0.2.767 included in KTS (Kaspersky Total Security).
How is it that KPM does not read files without suffix while it says it imports LastPass vaults. Hello papagolf, Your welcome:pray_tone3: KPM documentation does say it imports from: supported password managers: LastPass (version 4.17.1) and it also says "in order to import data into Kaspersky Password Manager, the data must be exported to a CSV file from the other application" Let's see if we can help:
  1. Is your Lastpass version compatible, i.e v4.17.1?
When you export LastPass are you folllowing:
  1. Select More Options in the left navigation.
  2. Go to Advanced > Export > LastPass CSV File.
  3. If prompted, enter your Master Password and click Continue.
  4. Enter a File name for your your export, then click Save to save the CSV export file.
  1. If you're unable to save without a file extension/suffix, can you explain why please?
  2. What happens when you select "Save as"?
  3. Can you manually save the file, as you are saving , name it Lastpass-export.csv
  4. If the files saves with no suffix/extension you can rename the file, for example - original exported file = Lastpass-export, rename Lastpass-export.csv
Please post back? Thanks

Thank you, FLOOD, for your help. First I'm under Windows 10 Second My Lastpass version compatible, is v4.31.1 Third What I do:
  1. I select More Options in the left navigation.
  2. I Go to Advanced > Export
  3. I right click > Save as... LastPass CSV File.
  4. I Enter a File name as Lastpass-export.csv instead of My LastPass Vault.html proposed by LastPass
  5. With KPM I go to Parameters > Import/Export
  6. In import data from a password manager > Import
  7. I select Lastpass-export.csv > Choose
The résult of KPM is : Data import is not complete. Failed to import and passwords. An error occurred during the import.:persevere:

Corrections: It exists 2 folders associated to both files, total 4 items in my folder for working the transfert. Folder Lastpass-export_files 4.37 Mo File Lastpass-export.csv 18 Ko Folder My LastPass Vault_files 2.07 Mo File My LastPass Vault.html 1.97 Mo

Hello papagolf,
  1. I read KPM is compatible with LastPass 4.17.1.
  2. You could contact Technical Support, ask them if KPM has been developed for any other versions of LastPass?
Contact page https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c, Choose location, choose GENERAL PRODUCT USE, choose from:
  1. CHAT WITH AN EXPERT (if it's available in your location)
Monday to Friday, 8:00 – 18:00 | Saturday, 9:00 - 16:30
  1. SUBMIT A REQUEST - online requests are accepted around the clock- redirects to your MyKaspersky account login, https://my.kaspersky.com/, login, select, https://my.kaspersky.com/techsupport#/requests/new, template - operating system, KPM, application malfunction, incompatibility with 3rd pty software. fill in the description with all the details, complete eCaptcha, submit - an incident is created with an INC# # = 12 numbers, an automated email is sent to your email address, normally a human will contact you within 3 business days, depending on when the INC is submitted.
  2. CALL SUPPORT - again, selecting your location will display the call contact details.
Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
SOLUTION (How to export file to CSV format from Lastpass to be able to import to Kaspersky) Lastpass needs binary component in order to export data to csv file. The copy data and create documents options does not work, file have to be created by Lastpass. Please follow steps below, Download "FULL INSTALL FOR CHROME" on below link, https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php Exit all browser and install. Pc will restart by itself. (If not restart pc manually) Go back to chrome. Now you will be able to export to CSV file from the extension, since the famous binary component is installed now.