Total Security prevented me from installing Windows 10 version 1903

Kaspersky Internet Security prevented Windows from updating to 1903. Access Denied' Similar strings to the above posted log in my log relating to Kaspersky.
Hello megabug7, Welcome!' Thanks for letting us know. Upgrading the operating system is significantly different to "updates". Standard best practice for major upgrades is to (temporarily) configure av to not start at system start up, disable av and or uninstall anti-virus software before proceeding with the upgrade. Thank you and best regards:pray_tone3:
Kaspersky didn't require any deactivation, uninstalling etc with Windows Feature update 1809 I spent the whole week trying all sorts - including having exited Kaspersky during the Windows update and even tried it in Safe Mode - An anti-virus application should NEVER prevent / interfere with the operating system updates - END of Discussion I won't be renewing my subscription next year
It really isn't the "end of discussion" as literally every anti virus application has had this issue at one time or another. To single out Kaspersky isn't fair, especially when you failed to follow standard practice during major OS upgrades.

Omg, so it's not just me?! I've been trying to contact Microsoft for 2 days now and I keep getting this error code: 0xC1900101 – 0x20017 Which means it's either something wrong with the drivers or the antirvirus, I'm pretty sure everything in my drivers is up to date, but I was suspecting it's this KTS! I really never was a fan of KTS, but when people suggested it, I wanted to see what the gest was about... and man do I regret it; because I've recently had my windows defender discovering a malware, that KTS did NOT!!!!!
What was the name of the malware detection that Windows Defender caught? If as you say Kaspersky didn't catch it, help the Kaspersky community out by submitting the malware sample to Kaspersky for analysis.
Malwarebytes found 37 PUP's that Kaspersky didn't find Had I not had all the problems trying to install 1903 - They'd still be on my system In the last week I have used DISM, SFC, WU reset,, Windows Repair, System Restore, diskchk & Malwarebytes. To suggest we uninstall the antivirus to update Windows is actually laughable Pff

Kaspersky didn't require any deactivation, uninstalling etc with Windows Feature update 1809
Hello megabug7, A feature update = new version. = complete reinstallation of Windows 10. "This also means it'll take longer to apply, and you're more likely to run into problems than when installing a quality update" - MS advice --- Kaspersky software is designed to protect our systems, requiring foundation resources. Windows opsys has similar requirements for different purposes. SOP for major OS upgrades, remove all competing software, start with a clean slate. --- Re 1809, I'm not sure if you recollect, the initial release was pulled within 6 days, "fixed", re-released and pulled again, "fixed", users then had "staggered" implementations. Thanks again:pray_tone3:.

again, I removed KAS end from Clients error upgrades in the system to upgrade windows to 1903.
injoker-admin, Welcome! Kaspersky software is designed to protect our systems, requiring foundation resources. Windows opsys has similar requirements for different purposes. SOP for major OS upgrades, remove all competing software, start with a clean slate. To try and perform a major upgrade without preparing the system according to MS & Kaspersky documented instruction is :thinking: Thanks.