Total Security Doesnt let Windows Restore work

Mrwilson
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I have tried to use windows restore, but Total Security never allows it to finish. I have tried exiting Total security, then trying windows restore, but on restart, it again doesnt allow it to work. What is the secret to being able to use windows restore?

• Solution
9 minutes ago, Mrwilson said:

I have tried to use windows restore, but Total Security never allows it to finish. I have tried exiting Total security, then trying windows restore, but on restart, it again doesn't allow it to work. What is the secret to being able to use windows restore?

Hello @Mrwilson

Welcome back!

1. How is KTS stopping Windows restore - we need to see what you see - post screen prints please? 
  2. IN KTS Reports, are there any errors, that show the problem with Windows restore? 
  3. Have you tried running the restore with Windows in Safe Mode

Thank you?
Flood?+?

I get an error stating that the anti virus has prevented system restore from finishing.

I cant show you what I see, as the system got corrupted (Not Kasperskys fault) and would not boot. Thankfully, I had a back up cloned SSD to put in. I did not try to run it in safe mode, in fact I never even thought of it. If I have to run it again sometime, I will do that. It sounds like the answer I am looking for

• Like 1