[Time zone changed] Disable Parental Update Notifications Settings

Go to solution Solved by JeffG.DLAN,

Hi, I need help in disabling or run auto-update the Parental Update Notifications Settings on user Desktop. I already disable all the notification in Kaspersky Notifications settings, but this notification still showing and the worse is, it will freeze and can't open the Kaspersky menu. So we need to restart the desktop. And it also a hassle for me every time this notification pop-up because I need to put the password in order to run the update. I will not distribute the password so that the end-user will not change any configured settings, this was also part of our policy. The timezone was not change but the notifications still showing up. The KIS is license, version 19.0.0.1088. I installed it on Windows 10 64bit version: 1903. Please help, Thank you

Hi Welcome JeffG.DLAN Please contact Kaspersky Support. https://my.kaspersky.com Also please send a GSI Log. This URL below will show you how to do that. https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632#block7 This tool will generate a "zip file" to your desktop. After you have run the GSI Log, please drag and drop the "zip file" into the Kaspersky "gsi parser" Please view the below URL instructions. https://www.getsysteminfo.com/tou Then copy and paste the "easy read link" to Support. Thank you.

I need help in disabling or run auto-update the Parental Update Notifications Settings on user Desktop. I already disable all the notification in Kaspersky Notifications settings, but this notification still showing and the worse is, it will freeze and can't open the Kaspersky menu. So we need to restart the desktop. And it also a hassle for me every time this notification pop-up because I need to put the password in order to run the update. I will not distribute the password so that the end-user will not change any configured settings, this was also part of our policy. The timezone was not change but the notifications still showing up. KIS (P), 19.0.0.1088. W10 64bit, 1903. Please help?
Hello JeffG.DLAN, Welcome back! As well as the information posted by @KarDip From memory, you applied an internet use, time restriction, by configuring KPC: (1) Can you please post an image of the notification that's causing the issue please? (2) Are any other KPC configurations applied? (3) How many devices have KIS, with KPC configured? (3a) Is the issue happening on all devices? Please post back? Thank you:pray_tone3:.

I need help in disabling or run auto-update the Parental Update Notifications Settings on user Desktop. I already disable all the notification in Kaspersky Notifications settings, but this notification still showing and the worse is, it will freeze and can't open the Kaspersky menu. So we need to restart the desktop. And it also a hassle for me every time this notification pop-up because I need to put the password in order to run the update. I will not distribute the password so that the end-user will not change any configured settings, this was also part of our policy. The timezone was not change but the notifications still showing up. KIS (P), 19.0.0.1088. W10 64bit, 1903. Please help?
Hello JeffG.DLAN, Welcome back!As well as the information posted by @KarDip From memory, you applied an internet use, time restriction, by configuring KPC: (1) Can you please post an image of the notification that's causing the issue please? (2) Are any other KPC configurations applied? (3) How many devices have KIS, with KPC configured? (3a) Is the issue happening on all devices? Please post back? Thank you:pray_tone3:.
Hi FLOOD,
  1. Please see attached photo, well I got this photo from google and it is the same here in some of our desktop.
  2. Yes, but different restriction category (under Internet tab)
  3. All except one desktop used by our General Manager / Owner
3a. Nope, others are ok, same configuration with the affected desktop. I think only 5 desktop are affected, I don't know the other since only this users are making noise regarding this notifications :) Thank you

Hi Welcome JeffG.DLAN Please contact Kaspersky Support.https://my.kaspersky.com Also please send a GSI Log. This URL below will show you how to do that.https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632#block7This tool will generate a "zip file" to your desktop. After you have run the GSI Log, please drag and drop the "zip file" into the Kaspersky "gsi parser" Please view the below URL instructions.https://www.getsysteminfo.com/tou Then copy and paste the "easy read link" to Support. Thank you.
Hi KarDip I will try this if the user is not busy or absent. Thank you

Hello JeffG.DLAN, Thank you for posting back. I understand/remember, KPC config was to limit IE use (1hr/daily): (1) So, there are 5 devices, with KPC configured, on/active/enabled - is that correct? IF "yes", what KPC config has been set for the other devices? (2) How many devices, in total, with KPC enabled/active? (3) Are the devices remote (to you)? (4) (On all impacted devices) have time zones and system time been confirmed in Bios?
  1. Please check this carefully, when time zone changes, the computer, Internet and application usage time is zeroed out, this may have reset or "messed-up" KPC configuration on affected devices.
(5) What patch is KIS19.0.0.1088(x)? x=letter (6) When you select "Update settings" what screen(s) follow? Please post images? (7) On the device(s) where the alert is happening, please export KPC Reports, upload, using the "upload" icon, in your reply please? (8) On device with KPC configured and enabled, with no alert, please export KPC Report, upload, using the "upload" icon, in your reply please? Please post back? Thanks.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...