"This folder is in use" when trying to move folders.

BigHotStud

I've recently gotten into game modding, but problem is that I, sometimes, get the popup of "This folder is in use!" when trying to move a mod folder into the game directory. I have no idea what's causing it, as a second later I can click "Try again" and it'll work normally. This also doesn't happen on just new files, so I have no idea what's going on.

I haven't installed any new programs for a while, I don't think, maybe just downloaded a mod or two or something a long the lines of that. I also have KSC Free constantly running and do daily full scans, so I'm doubtful it's malware, but my paranoia says that I should still ask.

Are these ‘symptoms’ of malware, or is something legitimate in my computer ‘goofing’ and making this happen?

Forgot to mention: I've also had some "Disk Write" errors on steam that are completely random- sometimes they're there, sometimes they're not. Restarting the download makes them go away instantly.

One more thing: I use a program that lets me monitor incoming and outgoing connections, as well as automatically scans them through VirusTotal. I’ve seen nothing malicious, well, except gamebarpresencewriter.exe, which, I think, was a false positive, as it only had 1/68 detections.

Hello @BigHotStud,

the "This folder is in use!" problem is not necessarily caused by a virus.
It is also possible that your KSC Free is responsible.
When you mark the folder for copying, KSC checks if there are modified files in it. Depending on the size of the folder, this may cause delays.

Regarding the "Disk Write" error, you may want to check your HD with an appropriate tool. Checking the SMART data of the HD could also give a hint.

Hello @BigHotStud,

the "This folder is in use!" problem is not necessarily caused by a virus.
It is also possible that your KSC Free is responsible.
When you mark the folder for copying, KSC checks if there are modified files in it. Depending on the size of the folder, this may cause delays.

Regarding the "Disk Write" error, you may want to check your HD with an appropriate tool. Checking the SMART data of the HD could also give a hint.

Oh, that might be it! Most of the files are pretty chunky (the transfer window pops up), so it might be KSC then!

Also, regarding the Disk Write Error thing, I checked my SSD using CrystalDiskInfo and I had a 97%, so I don’t think it’s a hardware problem. It’s most likely just a problem with steam, or that steam copies files from it’s own temporary folder to the common folder, in turn, KSC has to check it.