Terribly annoying KIS messages with uTorrent, “The source of loading advertisements is blocked” pop up every second or two.

Basamaca

Since Kaspersky Internet Security has been upgraded to 21.2.16.590(a), whenever time I start uTorrent the annoying messages: “The source of loading advertisements is blocked” pop up every second or two. These messages are related to uTorrent displaying advertisements even when no torrent is downloading.

How can I get rid of this?

This was not happening with KIS 21.1.15.500(c). Is it OK just to turn off this notification or some KIS setting must be changed?

BTW, where can I download the .pdf manual of KIS 21.2.16.590 ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @Smash87

Welcome!

1. Did you try @harlan4096’s suggestion above, posted 1st December 2020? 
  2. Which KIS version & patch(x) is installed →  on the Windows Taskbar, right click the Kaspersky icon, select About 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I tried bittorrent but because of connection problems I use utorrent
the version I have is Kaspersky Total Security 21.2.16.590 (b)

I tried bittorrent but because of connection problems I use utorrent
Kaspersky Total Security 21.2.16.590 (b)

Hello @Smash87

Thank you for posting back👌

• Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, provide a detailed history, including system specifics, all actions taken, the Community topic URL, Support may request Traces & other data →  they will guide you; fill in the template using our image as a guide. '

⚠ NOTE: Traces may be BIG, to share with the Technical Team, upload to cloud storage  (your choice), create a share link, add the share link to the Incident request.

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hey, this issue does not require us to open a case, just tell us how to disable the “The source of loading advertisements is blocked” notification?? It is still popping up every two seconds in Dec 2020.

Hello @yesilpelikan

Welcome!

1. Have you added any exclusions? 
  • Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, provide a detailed history, including system specifics, all actions taken, the Community topic URL, Support may request Traces & other data →  they will guide you; fill in the template using our image above.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

@Basamaca@Smash87@yesilpelikan

When uTorrent was installed:

1. Was OPTIONAL ADWARE  COMPANION DECLINED - image 3
  2. Was Avast DECLINED - image 4
  3. Has the notification been disabled? - image 6, result - image 7

Personally, looking at the VT reputation, we would not touch uTorrent, Kaspersky is trying to protect you😖

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

If one wants to keep uTorrent the solution is here:

https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Sponsored-Ads-from-uTorrent

However, this is the Kaspersky bug with uTorrent in particular. Various other programs generate  advertisements and Kaspersky Internet Security blocks them without generating such annoying messages. And yes, I have disabled everything else during uTorrent setup.   

Just for the record.

---------------------------------

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Kaspersky Lab Technical Support.
The following request was registered:

ID INC000012262170,
Multiple messages "The source of loading advertisements is blocked" in Windows notifications.

I recently installed the bittorrent.exe application and found a lot of messages in the Windows notification area.

I would not worry about you silently blocking this transmission or silently passing it. Just please do not clobber my Windows notifications area.

The system log for a message is the following:

Event : The source of loading advertisements is blocked
Component : Security
Application : bittorrentie.exe
Full path to the application : C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\updates\7.10.5_45857\bittorrentie.exe
Source for downloading ads : i-1006.b-0.ad.bench.utorrent.com
User type : Not defined

I tried to change settings in "Network settings/Manage exclusions" and added "bench.utorrent.com" into "Domain name" field. Doesn't help even after restarting Windows.

Personally, looking at the VT reputation, we would not touch uTorrent, Kaspersky is trying to protect you😖

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Kaspersky is blocking the Ads within the app, not the app or what its downloading.

I can see myself the ad is continuously trying to load and its bringing up a message everytime. To a point where Kaspersky is crashing Bittorrent for me so i cannot use it.

I dont care about Ads, everybody knows not to click on them that has a brain and to ignore them in certain places. I just want an option for Kaspersky to STOP blocking the Ads but i cant find it.

Could somebody please tell me this is possible?

I would stop using uTorrent, They became adware some years ago…

Just try this one, freeware and free of adware: https://www.qbittorrent.org/

Hello, harlan4096,

Thank you for your advice. Why we do not use qBittorrent?

Has issues with large torrent numbers

Various issues occur with large torrent numbers (anywhere between 300 and 1000 torrents) including timestamp and file corruptions.

Torrent downloads can freeze

Multiple people have reported that torrents stop downloading and stay in a "stalled" state indefinitely.

Can freeze in the background when exiting the program

Forcing you to kill the task in the sysmon.

Needs to be reinstalled from time to time

Sometimes it just stops downloading, the fix is uninstalling and installing again. It's a pain, but ends up working.

Constant IO error

www.slant.co/options/3724/~qbittorrent-review

Did You install and try it to check if You will get all those “supposed” issues??

I have been using qbittorrent for some years now and I did not get any of those issues...

Also when was that review published? maybe some issues were already fixed…

Are You going to download more than 300 torrents at the same time? 🙄  that’s crazy 🤦 ...

Hello, harlan4096,

Also when was that review published?

The article mentions version 4.1.5 released on December 24, 2018.

maybe some issues were already fixed…

If they haven't fixed it in 12 years, how could you expect them to do it in just 2 years?

Did You install and try it

Yes. I've done this several times over the years and was not impressed with results.

If You will get all those “supposed” issues?

No, I don’t remember any major issues from the last try, but you obviously need time to encounter them. Not in just a few days. My friends do not recommend qBittorrent for reasons very similar to the article. I just refer to a public source.

You going to download more than 300 torrents at the same time?

It is not clear from the problem description if they are talking about simultaneous loading. Your list might keep 300 items and your torrent will get corrupted when you download the 301st. In fact, if someone as lazy as me doesn't clean up his backlog, he can easily exceed that number. Current trends towards cheap fast internet show a tendency not to store everything on your own hard drive, but to rely on distributed repository.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your experience and for your nice advice. It looks like Rainberry / BitTorrent Inc is facing tough times and we need to be prepared for an alternative. Nobody has to put all his eggs in one basket, and qBittorrent is a good choice to easily switch from uTorrent.

Hello, Flood and Flood's wife,

Thank you for your question.

Have you logged a case with Kaspersky Technical Support? 

Yes, the case number is INC000012262170. They haven't responded yet.

We respectfully suggest uTorrent is a poor “alternative”

It holds about 2/3 of the market. There must be a reason for this.

If one wants to keep uTorrent the solution is here:

https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Sponsored-Ads-from-uTorrent

However, this is the Kaspersky bug with uTorrent in particular. Various other programs generate  advertisements and Kaspersky Internet Security blocks them without generating such annoying messages. And yes, I have disabled everything else during uTorrent setup.   

Yes. It solved the issue!

• 2 weeks later...