System notifications message "Using Google Chrome? Activate the Kaspersky Protection extension..." appears every half an hour..."

Oleg2

While my Chrome extension is installed and activated. US customer support advised me to remove my existent extension and install new from provided link. I did so but nothing changes - at this moment there are 8 new messages in my system notification area. I notified customer support about the problem but they do not answer me.

8 new messages in my system notification area.

I notified customer support about the problem but they do not answer me.

Hello @Oleg2

Welcome!

1. Which Kaspersky Security Cloud (KSC) version & patch(x), is installed → on Windows Taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About?
  2. What is the Kaspersky Protection extension (KPE) version → go to chrome://extensions/ - look for the KPE, select Details
  3. Post image of “8 new messages in the system notification area” please?
  4. Are there any Recommendations & or messages, related to KPE, in the KSC Notification screen → image 1 below, if “yes” is there an Ignore option → image 2 below ? 
  5. When & how was Support “notified” ?
  6. Have Support given you an INC # ? 
  7. Is KSC subscription: Personal, Premium or Free?

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

x = letter

Hello, Flood and Flood's wife.

1.  21.2.16.590 (b)

2.  1.3.8.0

5. With chat and then several emails. After I notified them that their advise “to remove extension and install new” did not work, they stopped to answer me.

6. Yes, they had.

7. Free.

Hello, Flood and Flood's wife.

1.  21.2.16.590 (b)
  2. 1.3.8.0
  3. image
  4. image .
  5. Chat and then several emails. After I notified them that their advise “to remove extension and install new” did not work, they stopped to answer me.
  6. Yes, they had. 
  7. Free.

Hello @Oleg2

Thank you for the information & images👌

1. Exit all browsers.
  2. Beside Details, select the tiny V, select Ignore 

• ➡ Recheck original issue? 

Let us know the outcome please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello, Flood and Flood's wife,

Thank you so much for taking the time to investigate my mishaps.

> 1. Exit all browsers.
> 2. Beside Details, select the tiny V, select Ignore 

There is no Chrome in Recommendations.

> Let us know the outcome please?

Ok, let me provide you with the latest update.

1. Kaspersky's customer support came to life and asked me a number of questions. I think I used to be too optimistic, expecting some action from them on Friday night. 🙂

2. It looks like Kaspersky Security Cloud has finally ceased to attack me with the activation requests. I turned on messages from KSC 3 hours ago and I have no system warnings yet. ✨

So, the case is closed for me. It probably took too long for KSC to discover that the Chrome extension was updated. Or maybe they've already released a small patch for their software.

Thanks again for your support and nice responses. Under normal circumstances, I would say I hope to hear from you again. But, as you can see, not in such cases LOL.

Hello @Oleg2

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for taking the time to update us👏

We’re delighted with the outcome🤸

Support response times do vary, however, Kaspersky has been working hard to manage response times, in a timely manner; we’re relieved they finally ‘came alive’😆

It’s not hard being nice, when the requestor is nicer, than us & to us🤗

You’re welcome back anytime, your gentle, wry humour is appreciated!

Cheers,

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

The complications of having a secured network and an environment to ensure complete protection of your confidential data within an organization have significantly increased. You need to make sure your organization is up to date with the latest cybersecurity measures. In absence of the right tools and resources, you may struggle to mitigate such threats, address new compliance mandates, or successfully implement key strategic technology initiatives — such as moving data to the cloud.  But even the cloud requires security from intruders and persons that have the expertise to breach into your systems without technically needing access from the owner and manager of the platform in the organization. 
There are many types of cybersecurity out there to choose from, but a company’s requirement entails what it should look for in a cybersecurity solution. This includes a cybersecurity tutorial and cybersecurity training from the said solution they avail. There are many providers out there in the market that look into this particular service because the demand has substantially increased for security particularly in terms of cyber and on-cloud platforms. Although UAE has been trying to improve its IT industry by facilitating businesses and investors as best they could, with the regulations, policies, and other types of aid. The need to create a safe tech environment for businesses and people in tech is just as important as promoting the IT industry itself. Nothing is possible without the assurity and confidence of a safe system. 

Alpha Data is one of the leading cybersecurity firms in UAE, all your questions regarding what is cybersecurity, how it is implemented, and what might be the right option within the cybersecurity realm to choose from. They have one of the best software and application solutions for cloud security and optimization plans. They are known for their system integrators for a few good decades now. Their services reach all parts of UAE that have businesses that require cyber or on-premise security services. 

Dear Oleg2,

You received at least one reply on your question "System notifications message "Using Google Chrome? Activate the Kaspersky Protection extension..." appears every half an hour..."". If one of the replies was helpful, don’t forget to visit the community and mark it as the Best Answer. Select best answer https://community.kaspersky.com/questions/11834 Marking a reply as the best answer helps others to find answers more quickly.

I believe that the Kaspersky community should play the role of a public database, providing answers to customers of Kaspersky products. I didn’t get any explanation for the situation I was facing. Therefore, I can not consider the case closed.

Hello @Oleg2

Thanks for posting this, it new information & “interesting”. 

True, the Kaspersky Community does play a vital role in providing information to assist other Community members. 

If the “answer(s)” from Support, did not answer your questions, go back to them and keep asking until they do. 

Is the issue fixed? 

If “yes”, you may select any reply (as Best answer), you determine was the most helpful (to you) in resolving an issue, you may even select one of your own replies, it’s far better for you to control the process, otherwise, a Community admin & or Moderator, may make the decision, and it may well be, it’s a decision you don’t agree with.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello, Flood and Flood's wife,

Thank you for your nice reply. Happy New Year and apologize for the late reply, I was so busy with the holiday activities.  ?

Is the issue fixed?

Yes, I believe it has completely fixed.

If the “answer(s)” from Support, did not answer your questions, go back to them and keep asking until they do.

No, no explanation was provided. But since the issue is not in effect, I believe that asking for more information would be an abuse of my rights as a client of Kaspersky.

a Community admin & or Moderator, may make the decision, and it may well be, it’s a decision you don’t agree with.

It will be fine for me. From my part I provide my best guesses of what happened:

1. Since the Kaspersky support service notified me that my request was sent to the development team, they could already fix the problem in the software and provide an automatic update. It is their right to notify or not notify me of their actions.

2. A combination of software and hardware on my system could be causing the problem. Since I did not find a stream of responses from other clients in this discussion, I could assume that this is a relatively rare case. Although this causes some inconvenience for the client, it does not directly affect the basic functions of the antivirus and can be left without any specific action on the part of the development team.

But I can't take the responsibility of deciding if it's right or wrong, it's just outside my area of ​​expertise. If I do this, I could mislead other clients.