Support for VeryCrypt in Kaspersky Free

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi, I used the payed version of Kaspersky in the past. Then I tried Kaspersky Free. And I noticed, that Kaspersky Free does not support VeraCrypt very well: I mounted a VeraCrypt-Container and let Windows search for a file. The heuristic of Kaspersky Free found some dangerous programs hidden in my own programs. Well this is was a false alarm, but for personal reasons, I can't send you the files. Kaspersky Free moved the files from the VeraCrypt-Container into the quarantine. I tried to move the files back, but Kaspersky Free told me that the original location is no longer available. I tried to restore the files to a new location. But the dialog to select the location did not show my mounted VeraCrypt-Container (means the drive-letter was not there). The Container was still mounted and I was able to fix this issue by: - Disable protection, since KAV moves the restored file instantly back to quarantine. - Restore the file to my desktop. - Move the file to the still mounted VeraCrypt-Container. - Unmount Container. - Enable protection. Edit: It would be nice, if I could whilelist a file, since the heuristic did this thing 2 times again in the past.

Kaspersky Free does not support VeraCrypt very well: It would be nice, if I could whilelist a file.
Hello tom.candle, Welcome! Kaspersky documents KAV free limitations, clearly stating Kaspersky Free provides Core protection: I agree, "it would be nice", however, all Kaspersky free software, has limitations. The premium products provide all the "bells and whistles", including white listing. Best regards

Hi FLOOD, this was not a correct quotation. Adding files to whitelist is indeed optional. It is ok to have this feature only in the other versions. But the other thing is a bug: Kaspersky Free scans VeraCrypt-Containers, find a "bad" file, moves it to quarantine, but can't restore a file from quarantine because it suddenly does not "see" the VeraCrypt-Container anymore.

• Solution
this was not a correct quotation. Adding files to whitelist is indeed optional. It is ok to have this feature only in the other versions. But the other thing is a bug: Kaspersky Free scans VeraCrypt-Containers, find a "bad" file, moves it to quarantine, but can't restore a file from quarantine because it suddenly does not "see" the VeraCrypt-Container anymore.
Hello tom.candle, Thanks for posting back. I'm a little confused, have I "misquoted"? If so, my apologies, certainly not intentional. If there is a bug, unfortunately, because you're using Kaspersky free software, there's no Tech Support, otherwise, it would be good to escalate the issue. TS would collect all necessary data, traces, logs and have the experts analyse, advise and resolve, or advise, if they found a bug did not exist. Please read: Compatibility of Kaspersky Lab products with VeraCrypt Thanks.

Thanks for your help. All I have to do is to log in to MyKaspersky and contact the tech support. Bad news: I can't reproduce the bug anymore. I mounted my VeraCrypt-Volume as yesterday and tried to restore my files from quarantine. This time the mounted VeraCrypt-volume was available in the dialog. So a bugreport is useless at the moment. Good news: I also had troubles with Kaspersky Secure Center at work and our seller offered me suppport but also no solution. So I can try to use MyKaspersky for my "business-problems". It least I can try it.

All I have to do is to log in to MyKaspersky and contact the tech support.
Hello tom.candle, You're very welcome:pray_tone3: Thanks for posting back. It's very easy to test. Source a "benign" test file and replicate. If "unable to restore files to original VeraCrypt loc" is a genuine bug, Kaspersky experts will assist if at all possible. Let us know the outcome when there is one? Thank you.