Suggestion: limit background tasks [moved]

hankas

Hi, 

I am currently running KIS 21. There are times when KIS automatically runs multiple scans while downloading update at the same time. All these activities are disk intensive activities and not everyone is running SSD. It slows down my computer considerably and often to the point of being almost frozen. 

I suggest placing a limit for automatic scanning and update tasks. Make KIS queue the tasks and do them one at a time, or something like that.

Thanks.

Henry

KIS 21. There are times when KIS automatically runs multiple scans while downloading update at the same time.

Hello @hankas, Henry. 

Welcome!

1. Are the scans generated by (KIS) KSN? 
  2. Is the update, KIS Database update? 
  3. For either the Scans & or Update, have you investigated the available scheduling options:

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Yes. The scans are automatically started by KIS. They are usually Quick Scan and Vulnerability Scan, and sometimes there is a background scan as well. The update is database update. The update schedule is set to automatic. The quick scan schedule is every day, which I believe is the default.

I have no problem with the schedule. I just think that they should not run at the same time. 

I checked the “postpone scanning while CPU and disk are at high load” feature. It works, but usually after the system crawls to almost a standstill then the feature kicks in and stops the scans. I think it could have been avoided if KIS knows not to run multiple disk-intensive activities at the same time.

KIS needs to learn sharing disk-access with me. 😉

Hello @hankas

Unfortunately, Background scan has no Schedule options, it’s either on or off.

Quick & other scans & Vulnerability scan can be scheduled to run when the computer is idle. According to a Kaspersky SME, Kaspersky’s definition of “idle” is: “usually the machine is locked: Screensaver or no processes are running.”

Updates have the scheduling options we mentioned in our first reply. 

Please submit a Feedback, I have a suggestion request to Kaspersky Technical Support

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
  • Note: the process may take a very long time, each request is measured against many benchmarks and not all requests are successful. 
  • When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @hankas

Unfortunately, Background scan has no Schedule options, it’s either on or off.

Quick & other scans & Vulnerability scan can be scheduled to run when the computer is idle. According to a Kaspersky SME, Kaspersky’s definition of “idle” is: “usually the machine is locked: Screensaver or no processes are running.”

Updates have the scheduling options we mentioned in our first reply. 

Please submit a Feedback, I have a suggestion request to Kaspersky Technical Support

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
  • Note: the process may take a very long time, each request is measured against many benchmarks and not all requests are successful. 
  • When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Will do. Thanks again for the detailed explanation.

Henry