[Suggestion for Kaspersky] Dark Mode/Theme UI

As new updates come dark mode seems to be the new look on applications. Most applications today tend to offer a dark mode option in them. But in Kaspersky Internet Security app for Windows lacks that appearence. Even though this has nothing to do with cybersecurity the bright colors in the UI is harder on the eyes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am very disappointed now that the people at bitdefender have succeeded add dark mode !!!

Kts patch b :( no dark mode,no interactive firewall :(

Bitdefender won't be releasing a new update with new features every year like many do. Instead they'll keep adding new features and changes whenever it's ready. Some other like Norton, ESET, F-Secure, etc already does this. This is better I think. No need to wait for a whole year for new feature updates.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I believe that every Kaspersky home product (Antivirus, Internet Security, Total Security, Secure Connection and Password Manager) must have dark mode. In fact, every Kaspersky product, home and business, must have dark mode. At least that’s my personal opinion, I might be mistaken? We are in the end of 2020 and “dark mode” is everywhere, I don’t see why Kaspersky hasn’t implemented this yet.

I think that the dark mode should be included in the next version of Kaspersky, even in 2021 MR3, at least for the home products that I mentioned above.

Thank you in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

yes it will be very nice if dark mode is included as well as the white mode and we have the option to change it. it feels very bad when the kaspersky app which is white just pops up in the dark background its very bad for the eyes sometimes and there are also people who has eye problems so they need the most. It will be very helpful if the dark mode was included.
Thanks in advance whoever saw and read my comment :) . 

Hi, in some regions (not in all) there is an option to use a custom theme:

The theme presets are not available in current version, themes are to be created by the users. 

Here is an instrucion (unfortunately, only in Russian; you can translate, e.g. via Chrome ): 

https://www.kaspersky.ru/blog/skin-customization/?_ga=2.198344102.801365570.1610342970-128086556.1605095703

• 2 weeks later...

Wow my eyes right now are hurting. Actually my whole windows 10 is dark mode so when ever i open my eyes it hurts. If kaspersky can make for macos then why not windows. In macos it looks good and not like it is in beta for macs it is fully functional. So why this delay to windows os.
I would really love kaspersky to add dark mode because other antivirus really did.
for example: Bitdefender, Avira,etc.

Hi, in some regions (not in all) there is an option to use a custom theme:

The theme presets are not available in current version, themes are to be created by the users. 

Here is an instrucion (unfortunately, only in Russian; you can translate, e.g. via Chrome ): 

https://www.kaspersky.ru/blog/skin-customization/?_ga=2.198344102.801365570.1610342970-128086556.1605095703

Not available and thus i am here heart broken. All alone in a light universe.

I agree that dark mode should be a feature in Kaspersky
Most apps have dark mode nowadays for a reason: as we are required to spend more and more time on-screen in the digital age, dark modes have been introduced to reduce eye strain. They also reduce power consumption. Customers not only want, but expect every single application to have a dark mode. Even though one does not spend any longer than 10 minutes looking at the Kaspersky window each day, having to switch to it from a dark environment puts a lot of pressure on the eyes. I hope that Kaspersky adds a dark mode to their products soon.
Dark mode is no longer just a feature. It is a necessity.
Thank you.

Hello @Hope kronos

Welcome back!

The Customer design theme has been released in the Russian regions for a considerable time, none of us understand why it has not been released across the globe & Kaspersky is not saying. 

1. You have the Customer design theme option, have you tried creating a skin?
  2. What happens? 
  3. Which region are you located in? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Dark mode is getting popular against people and gamers. Especially gamers like me mostly use dark mode. I use dark reader and windows default dark mode to make my whole pc dark mode. Its really annoying when i open kaspersky. As it is in white mode my eyes pain. Now even antiviruses like bitdefender added a default dark mode option for users. I have been using kaspersky for a long time now and i dont want to switch and everything is good but the unavailability of dark mode is annoying and sometimes frustrating. Thanks in advance.

Hello @Hope kronos

Welcome back!

The Customer design theme has been released in the Russian regions for a considerable time, none of us understand why it has not been released across the globe & Kaspersky is not saying. 

1. You have the Customer design theme option, have you tried creating a skin?
  2. What happens? 
  3. Which region are you located in? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

I am not in Russia. And the option isnt available globally. Even though for macos its available. And if i am right its not available in any other global countries near India or Singapore or Malaysia or Japan,etc . Not so sure about America though. I know its in russian regions but dont know why so much time is needed like macos users are getting full experience and also other anti virus users are also getting dark mode globally for example bitdefender and avira. I am a fan of kaspersky but the lack of dark mode really hurts my eyes. And its not like kaspersky dont have dark mode they have it but only in macos(globally). Even the option for Customer design theme is not available for us globally.

Thanks.

Yes, we absolutely need dark mode in kaspersky, for any product dark mode is a huge convenience for the eyes and just makes the product look better. I have seen for my self  (and others as well) that the absence of dark mode in kaspersky just makes the product less desirable compared to the likes of  bit defender. So for the sake of my self (and for others) please do add the option for dark mode. Thank you very much and do not worry i will know that you will see this.