[Suggestion] Australian Connection

Go to solution Solved by molann.,

I’d like to suggest that an Australian connection be included as any  Australian users are at a severe disadvantage when using this app.

As Australia is geolocked, Australian content can not be accessed unless the user is showing to be within the geolocking alrgorythm./parameters.

There have been several comments made regarding this issue and one member, asking why they couldn’t access Australian content, wasn’t adequately answered. This topic has now been closed as it was over 12 months ago.

Anyone is Australia using the app will have to turn it off to access Australian content. They are then losing the secure connection they’ve subscribed to.

Anyone outside of Australia are unable to access any free content such as news, sports, free internet TV and many other specific geolocked content such as apps. (ie free Aussie sports or news apps.)

Hello @Goentropo

Welcome!

• If you wish for Kaspersky’s Secure Connection (VPN) to have additional remote virtual locations, please raise a Feedback, I have a suggestion request with Kaspersky Technical Support 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
  • Note: the process may take a very long time, each request is measured against many benchmarks and not all requests are successful. 
  • When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Disclaimer, we have no association with Kaspersky. 

Hello @Goentropo

Welcome!

• If you wish for Kaspersky’s Secure Connection (VPN) to have additional remote virtual locations, please raise a Feedback, I have a suggestion request with Kaspersky Technical Support 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
  • Note: the process may take a very long time, each request is measured against many benchmarks and not all requests are successful. 
  • When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Thank you for such a comprehensive and detailed answer, it is so very much appreciated. 

Fully understand that the Kaspersky team will need to evaluate the requirement, as servers cost and there has to be a win/win situation for everyone. Hopefully, others who may need an aussie server will see this information and follow up with their own requests to help show there is a need and not just me having a whinge. 😉😊

I shall certainly give feedback once I receive a reply. When we receive help, the forum knowledge base grows for everyone.

cheers

Liz

Hello @Goentropo, Liz,

You’re most welcome☺ !

No-one thinks your topic is in the “whinge” category, it’s a very valid concern.

Thank you to committing to growing the knowledge base, that’s a wonderful attitude and very much appreciated🤗

Please be aware, even after remote virtual locations are added, different providers/broadcasters may maintain ip block lists, if a VPN provider is on such a list, the resource will still be unavailable to the KSC-VPN subscriber. 

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

• 4 weeks later...

I am in Australia and raised this issue sometime ago.  I received a prompt reply letting me know that they were not adding Australia anytime soon.  Being quite computer unsavvy I have paid for another program through another brand and turned off my Kaspersky VPN.  So I have paid double for the same product through different companies. 

Hello @dijidoo,

Welcome back!

1. When Kaspersky advised you they were not adding any Aus remote virtual servers “anytime soon” & you advised them you were not going to continue to use Kaspersky software, nor would you have purchased it had you known there were no Aus remote virtual servers, did Kaspersky offer you a refund? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

I’d like to suggest that an Australian connection be included as any  Australian users are at a severe disadvantage when using this app.

I`ve just noticed that Australia appeared in the list of available servers. Please check, hope this helps.

I`ve just noticed that Australia appeared in the list of available servers. Please check, hope this helps.

Hello @molann.

Welcome back!

Please show us an image of Kaspersky Secure Connection with remote virtual location: Australia ?

About the virtual server

The VPN server is your virtual location in a region that you can select when enabling a secure connection. For example, you can select a specific region for visiting websites of banks or social networks, or configure a secure connection for specific websites. The secure connection settings created for specific websites take priority over the settings specified for website categories.

If you are using the standard version of the application, you can only access a free server. When using a free server, the application selects the region even if you indicated a specific region for the selected website.

The following virtual servers are currently available in Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection:

Free
    Fastest
    Austria
    Belgium
    Brazil
    United Kingdom
    Germany
    Hong Kong (China)
    Denmark
    Ireland
    Spain
    Italy
    Canada
    Mexico
    Netherlands
    Poland
    Russia
    Singapore
    USA
    USA-East Coast
    USA-West Coast
    USA-South
    Turkey
    Ukraine
    France
    Czech Republic
    Switzerland
    Sweden
    Japan

The exact list of regions with available virtual servers is independent of the version of Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection and is subject to change.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @molann.

Interesting. 

Device has been restarted. 

According to Kaspersky documentation:

The following virtual servers are currently available in Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection:

Free
    Fastest
    Austria
    Belgium
    Brazil
    United Kingdom
    Germany
    Hong Kong (China)
    Denmark
    Ireland
    Spain
    Italy
    Canada
    Mexico
    Netherlands
    Poland
    Russia
    Singapore
    USA
    USA-East Coast
    USA-West Coast
    USA-South
    Turkey
    Ukraine
    France
    Czech Republic
    Switzerland
    Sweden
    Japan

The exact list of regions with available virtual servers is independent of the version of Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection and is subject to change.

Additionally, according to @Anton Mefodys, the global distribution of patch(a)  remains in progress.  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Igor Kurzin, @Anton Mefodys

Even tho “the exact list of regions with available virtual servers is independent of the version of Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection and is subject to change”, it would be most helpful to Kaspersky subscribers, if the documentation / regions were updated, in a timely manner: 

The following virtual servers are currently available in Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection:

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 1 month later...

Hello @Anton Mefodys

Excellent👏

Thank you so much🙏

• While we have your attention, is there a reason, some of the VPN documentation redirects to KTS & or KIS documentation, even when KVPN is installed without any Kaspersky Home AV software installed?

Example: Configuring VPN for website categories → note: this same documentation previously, correctly redirected to KVPN documentation. 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋