Strength of Passwords Generated Using Password Generator

I have noticed recently that upon generating a password using the password generator, and then accepting the generated password (closing the KPM generation window), would cause in quite a few cases to show password strength as "Medium" in the website view stating the reason password should not contain commonly used combinations. However, the password strength in the KPM window (while generating) would show up as "strong". Not sure if this is a bug, but if the password is of medium strength, it should not have been generated at all. If it is indeed a strong, then should not show up as medium in the website view.

I have attached the password generation rules screenshot to this post.

Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.2728)

KPM Product Version: 10.3.0.340 / 1678708368_7358 / 1.0.523.0-0.8.3.0_1

Screenshot_1.png

Hello @sourvad

Welcome!

1. To confirm - the issue is when the password is generated using the KPM application, not the KPM extension OR, does the same issue occur -> irrespective of either password generation mode? 
  2. Which website view - post full screen screen-prints -> including the URLs - hide private information before posting please? 
  3. Does the issue repeat in *all* Supported browsers

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 7:12 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @sourvad

Welcome!

1. To confirm - the issue is when the password is generated using the KPM application, not the KPM extension OR, does the same issue occur -> irrespective of either password generation mode? 
  2. Which website view - post full screen screen-prints -> including the URLs - hide private information before posting please? 
  3. Does the issue repeat in *all* Supported browsers

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

It happens in the KPM Extension (using Firefox). It may happen with the KPM application as well, but I have not tried that.

I'll try to put out some screenshots if I encounter the issue again, but cannot guarantee this.

I have not tried in any other browsers, I only use Firefox.