SSL connection with invalid certificate detected - on all websites [Solved][Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Jewels,

Hi all, I keep getting this message each time I use either Chrome or Firefox to access websites - even websites that I would normally use every day and I know are safe. The screen is blocked by this message but when I click on the link to accept the risk and continue, it does nothing. The next thing I know I can’t even download/receive emails (using Outlook). I have to reboot the Wifi modem and start again. That normally would work but today it doesn’t. I had to reboot my computer to be able to access websites. I saw a similar topic and the fix for that was to exclude the IP address - I can’t do this for every IP address I visit. There must be a problem. Is anyone else having this issue lately?

Thanks Andrew. Please see screenshots when I received the error message trying to reply to this message. The second one is what shows after I click on the “view certificate” link. Yes, the date on my computer is current.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hi @andrew75, I worked out how to change the settings on the router and turned off the Firewall. I tried to only turn off the domain filter but that wouldn’t let me use the router at all without first logging in somewhere - which I couldn’t do because I couldn’t access the internet! I hope that this works. And I can rely on the Kaspersky Firewall for the protection needed.