Software Updater Stuck

Hi.

My Software Updater is stuck on updating LibreOffice, from 7.0.0.3 to 7.0.1.2 (which is the version installed). The entry indicates “Waiting for other updates to complete ...” although no other updates are running. The cancel link achieves nothing.

Can anyone suggest a solution?
I’m running Kaspersky Internet Security 21.1.15.500(b), on Windows 10 x 64 Build 19041.

• 1 month later...

I have this issue too with another piece of software. The newest version is already installed (I installed it manually after the updater got stuck) but no matter how many reboots or rescans it just tells me I need to update and it’s ‘waiting for other updates to complete...’ The cancel button doesn’t do anything. I guess it’s there forever.

I have this issue too with another piece of software. The newest version is already installed (I installed it manually after the updater got stuck) but no matter how many reboots or rescans it just tells me I need to update and it’s ‘waiting for other updates to complete...’ The cancel button doesn’t do anything. I guess it’s there forever.

Hello @ibanez450

Welcome!

• Post a full screen image of the problem please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @ibanez450

Thank you👌

• In the Notification centre, is there a Show option🤔?

Please do the following:

1. Confirm the Kaspersky Security Cloud version & patch(x)? x = letter, on the Windows Taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About - tell us the information please?
  2. Check whether any applications installed on your computer are incompatible with Kaspersky Security Cloud?

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Also, after some poking around - I found that in the reports, it states there are no updates available. If you look at the screenshot below, you’ll see that it found the update and began installing but never confirmed completion… ever since then rescans seems to say in the report there are no updates to be found even though the main screen keeps telling me this is not the case.

Hello @ibanez450

1. Kaspersky Security Cloud latest version is 21.2.16.590, and patch a, was released, starting on on November 16th 2020, the staggered distribution is supposed to complete by the 1st week of December, 2020.  
  2. The image we’ve presented is from the application Notification centre → are there any Notifications & or Recommendations in your Kaspersky Security Cloud Notification centre ?
  3. May we know your Country/Location please?

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

This is all I have in the Notification Center… if I click ‘Show’ it gives me what’s in my very first screenshot. I’m located in the United States.

**********************Clicking that takes me to this:*******************

Clicking Cancel does nothing. Update is grayed out.

Hello @ibanez450

Thank you👏 !

1. Open Kaspersky Security Cloud Settings⚙ , select Manage Settings, select Export Settings, save the config file; select Restore Settings
  2. Uninstall Kaspersky Security Cloud, saving ONLY the License information, follow the How to remove a Kaspersky application for Windows, noting your License information should already be saved in (your) MyKaspersky account.
  3. Make sure the device is fully shutdown and un, after the uninstall.
  4. Check  Kaspersky Security Cloud, What's new  if “Kaspersky created a special version of the application for residents of the U.S. state of California. If you are a resident of the U.S. state of California, you need to download and install the Personal or Family version of the application”, applies to you?  
  5. Download Kaspersky Security Cloud Family for Windows®
  6. Clean install  Kaspersky Security Cloud 21.2, at the completion of the installation, make sure the Kaspersky Security Cloud software is synchronized with your MyKaspersky account? 
  7. Recheck the original TightVNC issue? 

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

1. The issue is resolved.
  2. (seems a little bit like using a sledge hammer to set a finishing nail though). Thanks!

Hello @ibanez450

Thank you for the update👌

1. We’re delighted the issue is resolved🤸
  2. Re ⛏, not at all, from the information & images you presented, there was clearly  an issue with the  21.1.15.500© installation, the quickest, most effective and most efficient way to resolve such problems is a clean install with the latest software. Also, it’s helpful for continued troubleshooting, had the need arisen. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋