SMS code not working

Lester

I wanted to setup 2FA for My Kaspersky, but the verfication code for SMS won't send and I don't know what to do. Tested my number with Google, and I can receive SMS messages with Google. I have already tried clicking resend a few different times now.

Edited by Lester

15 hours ago, Lester said:

I wanted to setup 2FA for My Kaspersky, but the verification code for SMS won't send and I don't know what to do. Tested my number with Google, and I can receive SMS messages with Google. I have already tried clicking resend a few different times now.

15 hours ago, Lester said:

Update: It has an error when I put in any number now: It is not possible to send a message to the specified phone number.

Hello @Lester

Welcome back!

1. What type of device are you using, refer - How to find the version of your operating system? 
  2. Which browser? 
  3. Does the same issue repeat in other browsers? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

5 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Lester

Welcome back!

1. What type of device are you using, refer - How to find the version of your operating system? 
  2. Which browser? 
  3. Does the same issue repeat in other browsers? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

I'm using windows to go to My Kaspersky and an Iphone for receiving an SMS. I am using Google Chrome but I also don't have any other browsers I can use. I have already contacted support so I am waiting for a response. Now, whenever I put my number or any other number in, it says  It is not possible to send a message to the specified phone number.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Lester said:
  • windows, Google Chrome, My Kaspersky; iPhone for receiving an SMS.
  • I don't have any other browsers I can use.
  • I have already contacted support, so I am waiting for a response.
  • Now, whenever I put my number or any other number in, it says it is not possible to send a message to the specified phone number.

Hello @Lester

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the information!

1. On the Windows device, in the Chrome browser, log out of (your) MyKaspersky account.
  2. In Chrome browser go to chrome://settings/reset - run: Restore settings to their original defaults - allow the process to complete, then exit the Chrome browser. 
  3. Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login. 
  4. Install Edge & Firefox.
  5. Test the issue in both or either of those browsers? 
  6. Test the issue in Chrome? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

7 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Lester

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the information!

1. On the Windows device, in the Chrome browser, log out of (your) MyKaspersky account.
  2. In Chrome browser go to chrome://settings/reset - run: Restore settings to their original defaults - allow the process to complete, then exit the Chrome browser. 
  3. Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login. 
  4. Install Edge & Firefox.
  5. Test the issue in both or either of those browsers? 
  6. Test the issue in Chrome? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife, today it appears the message is being sent, but I never have received it. I have now tried in both Edge and Chrome. Support has told me to try in another browser and my phone, which I have just done and it didn't work. Other than that, support said if it doesn't work, I need to send a screenshot as well as a har-log. Any idea on how to get a har-log? I just want to add Kaspersky to my authenticator app, so if there is a way to do that without entering my number also let me know.

Edited by Lester
  • Thanks 1

@Berny @Flood and Flood's wife Oh, also wanted to know one thing. Out of curiosity, I would like to know whether would need access to my email in order to change the email in My Kaspersky. Is there a way for me to have 2FA with my email or with an authenticator app without using my phone number? For some reason it doesn't seem like the SMS is working for Kaspersky.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lester said:
  • A - I just want to add Kaspersky to my authenticator app, so if there is a way to do that without entering my number?
2 hours ago, Lester said:
  • B - I would like to know whether would need access to my email in order to change the email in My Kaspersky.
  • C - s there a way for me to have 2FA with my email or with an authenticator app without using my phone number?

Hello @Lester

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the extra questions!

• A. No, the number must be added first - that's the process. 
  • B. Clarify please? 
  • C. 2FA with email - no. 2FA with authenticator app, yes, after 2FA has been setup & is working via the phone number - support will assist you & please read the 2FA resource documentation below: 

How to set up two-step verification

About two-step verification via an authenticator app

How to set up authenticator apps on multiple devices

Thank you?
Flood?+?

3 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Lester

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the extra questions!

• A. No, the number must be added first - that's the process. 
  • B. Clarify please? 
  • C. 2FA with email - no. 2FA with authenticator app, yes, after 2FA has been setup & is working via the phone number - support will assist you & please read the 2FA resource documentation below: 

How to set up authenticator apps on multiple devices

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Alright, I have replied to support with a screenshot and har log a couple of hours ago as requested. I will now wait for a reply. Thank you for the help, I will update whenever I get a response.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Lester said:

Does a har log capture passwords are auto-filled?

Hello @Lester

• Yes, HAR logs may record usernames, passwords, etc. 
  1. Once (you've) created the HAR, go to the downloaded log, rightclick on it, select Open with Notepad, once inside, go to the top of the log, use Edit - Select all, use the Search function, to search for any private information you do not wish to share & use Replace with XXXXX to automatically replace those entries: 
  2. Keep on using the Find next & Replace until all private information has been replaced. 
  3. Save the file. 
  4. Then CHECK the file - go back & search for the XXXXX or whatever replacement characters (you) used, you should find the replacement characters

image.thumb.png.1aa9c652930db62854f500214baf08b9.png

image.png.aff6e11f68886753120475f7182089b8.png

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

3 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Lester

• Yes, HAR logs may record usernames, passwords, etc. 
  1. Once (you've) created the HAR, go to the downloaded log, rightclick on it, select open with Notepad, once inside, go to the top of the log, use Edit - Select all, use the Search function, to search for any private information you do not wish to share & use Replace with XXXXX to automatically replace those entries: 
  2. Keep on using the Find next & Replace until all private information has been replaced. 
  3. Save the file. 
  4. Then CHECK the file - go back & search for the XXXXX or whatever replacement characters (you) used

image.thumb.png.1aa9c652930db62854f500214baf08b9.png

image.png.aff6e11f68886753120475f7182089b8.png

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Oh, I didn't do that and sent the normal har log. I changed my password afterward, is that good?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lester said:

Oh, I didn't do that and sent the normal har log. I changed my password afterward, is that good?

Hello @Lester

Yah could have told us, we wouldn't have bothered doing the above?

Yes, it's great you've changed (your) password?

When you do eventually get the problem fixed, please read the documentation, that we previously posted, carefully:

How to set up authenticator apps on multiple devices?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

@Flood and Flood's wife Hi, I just had a quick question. How long does it take for a technical expert to reply as it has almost been 2 days. Also, is Gmail encrypted? When I click the Kaspersky email, it says it is but when I check my own, I don't see any encrypted indicators. The Har log contained my old password and my current number so I would like to make sure. Thanks.

52 minutes ago, Lester said:
  1. How long does it take for a technical expert to reply as it has almost been 2 days?
  2. Is Gmail encrypted?

Hello @Lester

Thank you for posting back & the extra question!

1. Let's see, it's a complex problem. 
  2. It's Sunday. 
  3. The Support *experts* may have received (your) data on the day/night (you) sent it, but probably not, it probably was processed by the receiving team, then sent on to the expert team in Russia HQ - who have to analyze the data - that takes time... So, sit back, relax, it's early days, for a problem of this sort it may take up to 5 business days before (you) hear anything from the expert team & quite possibly longer - IF (you) have any concerns OR (you) think there's an unacceptable delay - send support an email - ask them "what's happening?"  
  4. Re Is Gmail encrypted? Please read: Check if a message you're sending is encrypted? 
  5. IF (you) have concerns about the mail (you've) sent - please follow up with Kaspersky Support or Google Gmail Community support experts

Thank you?
Flood?+?

9 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Lester

2. It's Sunday. 
  3. The Support *experts* may have received your data on the day/night you sent it, but probably not, it probably was processed by the receiving team, then sent on to the expert team in Russia HQ, so, sit back, relax, it's early days, for a problem of this sort it may take up to 5 business days before you hear anything from the expert team & quite possibly longer - IF (you) have any concerns OR (you) think there's an unacceptable delay - send support an email - ask them "what's happening?"  
  4. Re Is Gmail encrypted? Please read: Check if a message you're sending is encrypted? 
  5. IF you have concerns about the mail you've sent - please follow up with Kaspersky Support or Google Community support experts

Thank you?
Flood?+?

It is the weekend, that is a good point. I guess I will wait for another few days. Thanks!

Edited by Lester
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Lester

2. It's Sunday. 
  3. The Support *experts* may have received (your) data on the day/night (you) sent it, but probably not, it probably was processed by the receiving team, then sent on to the expert team in Russia HQ - who have to analyze the data - that takes time... So, sit back, relax, it's early days, for a problem of this sort it may take up to 5 business days before (you) hear anything from the expert team & quite possibly longer - IF (you) have any concerns OR (you) think there's an unacceptable delay - send support an email - ask them "what's happening?"  
  5. IF (you) have concerns about the mail (you've) sent - please follow up with Kaspersky Support or Google Gmail Community support experts

Thank you?
Flood?+?

For some reason my reply to this just now was hidden and waiting for approval. I will continue to wait, thanks for the help.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lester said:

For some reason my reply to this just now was hidden and waiting for approval. I will continue to wait, thanks for the help.

Hello @Lester

Thank you for posting back!

You're most welcome!

We can see the reply?

Thank you?
Flood?+?