Since April 17 update my KIS 21.2.16.590(c) are no longer starting automatic scan verfications;

The automatization on searching updates occurred as usual but I didn’t restart the PC last night. Did it after 6 hours later so when Kaspersky Internet Security 2.2.16.590 © changed to Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391(a). I have been annoyed with the fact the rootkit verification haven’t started yet after have been past 24 hours since April 17 21:51.

I turned on my PC by 20:11 and waited thinking would follow last time that ended but still haven’t started the verification.

Not even automatic search for updates is running however the interfact show is searching automatically everytime. Last update was searched and installed at 1:April 18 33 am about 16 hours accordingly to update’s column in the interface.

Plus I have noticed as well my configurations were not been erased not even previous verification scans on report section but rootkit scan did not started at all. I hope by tomorrow it start otherwise this is very much disturbed.

So what is going on? Will I have to be forced to search for updates manually but how do I do this procedure to rootkit verification if there no switch for this action.

This update is acting weird.

So It did start rootkit verification randomly by now at 23:42. So it did not start 24 hours after and I have been noticing something weird that have been discuss on other thread about verifications being stuck at 1% when you don’t haver Kaspersky Internet Security interface brough ons screen.

The refresh is bugged and when you have the interface on screen running and click to minimze the icon on taskbar on Windows get stuck as well the green progress and it will only update the progression if I click on the interface and bring back on screen.

Verifications are not being capable to run in background like rootkit verifications.

And the automatic search for updates have occurred as well really late tonight. Somehing is wrong with this update on Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391(a).

I have tried as well to deactivate and activate back. All I know rootkit verification cannot progress while being on background scan. And when I brought KIS interface on screen and clicked to minimize to window’s desktop. I noticed the green progress would get stuck for minutes unless I bring back the interface on screen.

As I was read on the discussion thread I could not find any options regarding permission to let background scans to operate. My window on rootkit scan only show this:

On the second image I cannot find anything connected to allowing background scans so I am confused since before 21.3 version there were no bugs, no issues but the bad layout design on the interface which still is bad.

Ok, I forgot to upload this prove that clearly show the rootkit verification being stopped and continue to go at certain moments which were when I had the Interface brought on screen and not minimized or closed.

1. I have tried as well to deactivate and activate back.
  2. All I know rootkit verification cannot progress while being on background scan.
  3. When I brought KIS interface on screen and clicked to minimize to window’s desktop. I noticed the green progress would get stuck for minutes unless I bring back the interface on screen.
  4. As I was read on the discussion thread I could not find any options regarding permission to let background scans to operate. 
  5. On the second image I cannot find anything connected to allowing background scans so I am confused since before 21.3 version there were no bugs, no issues but the bad layout design on the interface which still is bad.
  6. Report. 

Hello @Psiu47

Thank you for the feedback & the images👌

1. For clarification, have KIS Settings been restored to default
  2. Background scan & Full scan both include Rootkit scan.
  3. ..
  4. & 5. Background scan has no configurable options,  it’s either ON or OFF.
  • 🅰 Please save the Scan Report, as a text file & attach📎 to your reply? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Resources:

How to restore the default application settings

How to enable or disable a background scan

Background scan settings

Kaspersky Internet Security release notes, Patch A for version 21.3.10.391

I don’t get why the article that should inform what issues were fixed to actual data bank KIS version if on the adress you added they are not listing what issues were.

I did erase the actual user settings and changed back to what they were.

But by tonight I won’t be doing rootkit scan because last night completed on 23:54. Almost near midnight which in my experience since KIS 20.0 doing rootkit scans between a change of a day to another would cause another rootkit scan to start again.

But of course I haven’t seen this behavior happening since KIS 21.2 but the software application was not showing any problem at all. Is just KIS 21.3 that is bugging or making inoperational rootkit scan or any other verification that run on background.

But I can’t test to full and quick scan since I always run them with the interface on screen and I never minimze or close the window because back on KIS 20.0 the progress get stuck and quickly fill fast the progression bar. Some sort of slowness in the refresh rate when scan verifications are minimzed with antivirus window minimzed on taskbar.

Anyhow about the description to add my report information. How do I that in here?

Hello @Psiu47

Thank you for posting back & the additional information👌

Re “I don’t get why the article that should inform what issues were fixed to actual data bank KIS version if Kaspersky are not listing what issues were”; neither do we; we’ve had this discussion with Kaspersky many, many times; sometimes they will give accurate information, at other times, they absolutely refuse; from a user perspective it does not make sense, how are we supposed to test “fixes” if they won’t say what’s been fixed😡 !

Re the Report; save it as a text file, then, in your reply, type reply to us (for example Report attached) select paperclip📎 , select saved text file, the report will be grey while uploading; when the report turns green, select Send

Link

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Sorry I have expressed myself badly and I meant to what file should I annex in here. But I might be wrong but still going send it anyway because this is all I have since I forgot to tell that I have erased report history about 16:32 today thinking this would make rootkit scan to deny last night point and would start new after turning on 30 minutes after my PC.

But there have been no* sign about the ‘’30 minutes’’ rule working anymore so I’m going to wait by tomorrow since rootkit scan will begin at 23:54. Is very much late to do such operation.

Hello @Psiu47

Thank you for posting back👌

We don’t understand KIS lembrete (reminder) .pdf, but, if you cleared KIS Reports, there will be no data. 

When you save & attach the KIS Report, they need to  be saved with file extension .txt, not .pdf please? 

If it’s late, have a good rest & we’ll wait for you to update us when you have time.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

I suspected did wrong again. Visiting this community late at night make my actions become numb. Anyway let me enlighten what I have done by now so since last night very near midnight I have change some parameters on the user in perfomance column where the option to ‘’deactivate verification scans while working on battery, or in idle mode’’ which translating to my language it does only warn under the pretext of ‘’working on battery’’ but if does say in english ‘’on idle, standby’’ then this seriously wrong with the translation and then any verification would never work.

But since Kaspersky Internet Security 21.2.16.590© never had this conflict neither the older version of KIS 20.0. It must be a unknown bug or some conflict in this new data bank version Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391(a).

Returning to what I did that somehow ‘’resolved’’  was to:

Turned off Deactivate scheduled verification scans while working on battery

After I have done this tweak, I have turned on the computer today at 16:25. I kept checking the minutes passing by with Kaspersky Internet Security opened on screen and then at 16:56 the rootkitscan somehow...sort of started and did not pause. Didn’t get interrupted not even once while I had the Kaspersky Internet Security main interface open. The icon on taskbar did progress normally, the green color refreshed according to KIS icon on task ray from 1% to 39%, then to 40% to 76% and at last to 90% and 98%-99%.

In my suspicions discoveries I will be keeping Kaspersky Internet Security interface, window open on screen since background scan or having KIS window, interface closed might continue to deny the programming on rootkit scans to run in background.

But I’m not sure either about this thought.

So after all this being told I am sort of happily to send the correct file.

Now about ‘’Lembrete PDF’’ is that I pretty much forget to translate and name something more commonly of understanding to anyone in here. 

Hello @Psiu47

Thank you for updating us, the additional information & Report. 

We’re pleased to read the issue appears to be resolved👌 

• It should not be necessary for the KIS application to be run in “open/full” screen, for the background scan to run successfully🤔  
  1. Is the device running on Battery, not mains power, at any time, all the time, sometimes, not at all? 
  2. Is Sleep mode or Hibernate used? 
  3. How often is the device fully powered OFF? 
  4. Re “ ‘’Lembrete PDF’’ , sorry, we do not understand the explanation😥 , if it’s important, please explain again? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Unfortunally the problem still remain unsolved. I thought would have been fixed by tweaking some configuration in the perfomance section of KIS but didn’t do a thing about.

I have turned on my computer at 16:05 and waited untill 16:56 working around in my desktop and at 17:07 rootkit scan followed the programming from yesterday that ended at 17:06 but with Kaspersky Internet Security interface closed and only following the progress through window’s task ray I have found myself stuck on the same issue that happened April 17.

Rootkit scan when running background keep getting paused and never proceed

The rootkit scan started at 17:07 but paused for unknown reasons at 17:09 and I could not find a way to proceed so it kept hanging at 29% with 12 files being verified and simply got stuck on that progress for almost 3 minutes.

So I went to background scan window and deactivated again and activated back. The message on report section showed instead of being paused at 17:09, changed to interrupted. But on the detailed report section showed diferently the information regarding when did start and when should have been paused but changed to finished at 17:12 instead being on 17:09.

I’m still clueless about what is causing this complication to happen. Or there is a severe issue on Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391(a) databank version or some configuration that I have been using since the beginning of 2018 is making now unknown problems.

I’ll  be sending today’s rootkit scan document and my user configurations if this might clear things about what may be cause of the trouble. 

Seems like I can’t send cfg. format from configurations so what should I do since I keep failing to attempt to send any bug report or technnical issues I find with Kaspersky Internet Security to GSI website and the program itself.

Hello @Psiu47

Thank you for updating us, the additional information & Report. 

We’re pleased to read the issue appears to be resolved👌 

• It should not be necessary for the KIS application to be run in “open/full” screen, for the background scan to run successfully🤔  
  1. Is the device running on Battery, not mains power, at any time, all the time, sometimes, not at all? 
  2. Is Sleep mode or Hibernate used? 
  3. How often is the device fully powered OFF? 
  4. Re “ ‘’Lembrete PDF’’ , sorry, we do not understand the explanation😥 , if it’s important, please explain again? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

I shouldn’t be worrying about anything you asked since hibernate and sleep mode on my computer have been deactivated for many years ago but I do get frequently power surges in my home but the nobreak usually hold them at these situation but I never faced any power surge during rootkit scans. Only happen when I’m playing games for long hours without stopping.🤦

About how insisted you’ve been with pdf file is that like I said few commentaries ago is that I forgot to name proper to english the file but content of it had just the image in native language and a translation in english about what happened on April 17.

Now there have been some disappointment about the experience for the very first time I see any verification scan to fail without any explanation and for that thinking it would repeat the procedure but never got it back. And if the rootkist scan get interrupted still obligate the user to wait for another 24 hours to start another scan? This is very much uncalled for since there should be a ‘’save proof’’ programming to whenever the schedule background failed to attempt should be repeated in another 30 minutes but I did wait untill 17:45 and there were no sign about having another rootkit scan. 

So I will have to wait for tomorrow and by tomorrow I will have go back and keep Kaspersky Internet Security open on screen while doing rootkiscan because of unknown reasons background isn’t working.

However update schedules and automatic search is running proper in the background. 

Is just rootkiscan that isn’t working on background on Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391(a).

Hello @Psiu47

Thank you for updating us, the additional information & Report👌

Regarding attaching documents:

[a] Don’t share GSI here in the Community. 

Any document with .log extension, change the file extension to .txt, otherwise  the document will not attach. 

1. Log into your MyKaspersky account, create an incident request with Kaspersky Technical Support; they will request Traces, Logs & other data, they will guide you. 
  2. Give a detailed history.
  3. IF any of the files cannot be attached to the Incident, don’t use Webdav, simply upload the files to any cloud service of your choice, create a share link & add the share link to the incident. 
  4. After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
  5. When Technical Support tell you why the problem is happening & how the problem is fixed, please share their information, with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

After couple days struggling as usual to convice the suport in my region to understand this issue have been clearly identified in my experience as unknown conflict due to Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391(a) being released too soon after Kaspersky Internet Security 21.2.16.590(c) showed problematic behaviors as such I have listed on my other discussion. On the 8th conversation they were very much unreasonable to tell me to uninstall and install back KIS. 

Anyway I’ve been there, done everything I know mostly common that could be done and background scan like rootkit scan still act weird. 

Like yesterday the verification scan didn’t start at all even I did wait untill 23:43 when a day before the scan was finished at 22:12. 

But today when I turned on the computer at 19:01 and waited 30 minutes after, the rootkit scan start regularly. And the most surprisily thing is that the scan timelapse took less than 10 minutes like used to be to a count of 1.7k-1.8k files and since  Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391(a) have been released I noticed rootkit scan have been taking aprox. +18-20 minutes to do the procedure.

It has been slower and to compare with another machine I have home with basic protection of Kaspersky antivirus program. The background scan time lapse have been as well taking 20 minutes to do what used to be a quick scan that would take 8-11 minutes.

So could someone be kind to lead a stronger direction to inform about this problem and let the company know about this annoying problem? 

So I have studied a bit more about this irresponsive behavior on background, rootkit scans since KIS 21.3 have been released and I have found, the '24 hour rule’ are no longer being followed but if I turn on the machine passing the last time rootkit scan have finished on the next day turning on the PC later on, the rootkit scan will begin 30 minutes after. 

So it has been 2 days, the ‘30 minutes programming rule’ have been working but ‘24 hours daily rule’ still inoperative. Of course tonight the rootkitscan went back and last 18 minutes to run a scan over 1.7k files which is considered very low and to take too much of this time show  again Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391(a) is bugged.

So could someone be kind to lead a stronger direction to inform about this problem and let the company know about this annoying problem? 

Of course tonight the rootkit scan went back and last 18 minutes to run a scan over 1.7k files which is considered very low and to take too much of this time show  again Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391(a) is bugged.

Hello Psiu47,

Thank you for the update👌 

Yes, agreed, Support can be frustrating, however, with this sort of case, if others are not reporting it, or it cannot be replicated, then "So could someone be kind to lead a stronger direction to inform about this problem and let the company know about this annoying problem?", is not possible, no-one in the Community can engage with Kaspersky on your behalf. Kaspersky treats these type of cases on a case by case basis

Our results, for a short period of monitoring:

•  We're happy to keep monitoring, for up to a week, to see if the results vary; maybe @Wesly.Zhang  can monitor & report from his system(s) as well? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hmm...as I suspected rootkit scan are taking more than 11-8 minutes like used to be when back older version of KIS 20.0 when on KIS 21.2 rootkitscan were taking almost 13-15 minutes to run a regular verification scan and KIS 21.3 is using 18-28 minutes to run a scan? This behavior certainly have proved my point of course the behavior in pausing when running background or when not following 24 hours followed by the last time rootkiscan ended still unresolved.

However your image doesn’t show if the rootkitscan was being paused and started again and finished. Check your rootkit scan by clicking on:

Open rootkit/background scan and check if the verification was being paused;

As example today 30 minutes after I turned on the computer, rootkiscan started normal but upon finishing I was curious why showed two times being started = iniciada which demonstrate the verification got paused for no reason since I was not connected to the internet. I usually turn on the machine unplugged from the internet cable for personal reasons since I have a schedule and routine to check the computer before going to internet.

Anyhow today I don’t know why showed the scan was paused 2 minutes after being started at 21:01 and when I went to software updater noticed there were no automatic search for anything which could have discontinued rootkit scan but since that was not it then I don’t know what it was the cause of it.

Ohh I have completely forgot to mention that on my last comment that Kaspersky Internet Security was still being operated on the 21.3.10.391(a) version so I think about May 1st KIS pass to 21.3.10.391(b) so I am not so sure if the symptoms about ‘’24 hour rule’’ and if background scan will work are back to normal but I will assume is not since today’s rootkit scan got paused when KIS interface was on screen so I still don’t know what have paused the progress.

Hello @Psiu47

We’re happy to keep uploading scan images every so often, however, the people to answer the questions are the Kaspersky Technical Support team; we have no access to your data, any “answers” from us would be guessing. 

We understand you’ve had long, unsatisfactory engagements with Kaspersky Technical Support team, but, that’s all there is; you pay for their Support, they need to assist

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

So like I said and I’ve been complaining about rootkit scan are being paused for no reason explained so far when are being executed background just like on your image showed from 3 days ago dated on 3/5/21 between a minute and two minutes after showed the rootkit scan was started twice showing it have been paused for unknown reasons. Which I assume was being done background.

So It has been 3 days since May 4, I’ve sent my answer back to Kaspersky support from my region and they still haven’t answered back however the website show the ticket still being processed. 

I find weird how late they are to answer me back and I can’t update the ticket with the new  finds I have discovered during the last days.

So try the best if to follow my understanding.

As I was and still studying this annoying and unknown conflict that make rootkit scan to not follow 24 hour daily procedure but also get paused while doing in background but if the interface is brought on screen, the progress is never paused. 

So my very first suspicious about the option to deactivate verification scans while working on battery  could be the reason for rootkitscan were not starting every 24 hours is wrong.

I have learned a bit more about and I have stronger sense the option about fullscreen game mode  is the reason rootkit scan are getting denied every 24 hours after.

In the past 3 days I was playing games in fulllscreen and I as usual I quit and wait on desktop minutes before rootkit scan is about to start. When it began  with KIS interface brought on screen I followed the progress being executed normal, without pause and being completed 8-11 minutes after, and instead of 18-30 minutes way after. 

But about last night since I was not playing anything just working in the machine, editting images, drawing and stuff alike. The rootkit scan should have followed ‘last time’  date which at 21:45. So I did wait and there were no signs about being started...waited again with Kaspersky Internet Security interface on screen and no sign about starting up.

So 10 minutes after the expectation I tried something that from days before yesterday was to execute some video, music on fullscreen mode...waited 3 seconds and exitted the video, music and back to desktop, the rootkiscan started at last! 

So have studied this much about and I assume the reasons for rootkit scan are denying 24 hour rule daily scan is because there is some unknown bug that conflict with this option:

Fullscreen game mode might be the reason to rootkit scan have been avoiding 24 hours daily scans

If this is happening only to windows 7 users then this issue haven’t been examinated completely or was never found when the company released way too soon Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391(a) and Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391(b). 

Therefore all I can do and wish to inform the community about this matter and if anyone have the interest to help another user in this conflict. Test these finds I have learned and share with the world and of course sent to Kaspersky support.

However I am unable to update my ticket since the support in my region ‘’still processing’’ and I can’t do anything about.

I am unable to update my ticket since the support in my region ‘’still processing’’ and I can’t do anything about.

Hello @Psiu47

If the ticket has been in “Still processing” state, for more than 24hrs, it means the ticket has not submitted correctly. 

1. Did you receive an automated email with a INC+12digits reference number?
  2. Contact Support via Chat, show them a screen print of the INC# with “Still processing”, ask them if they have the INC# in hand? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

So this unknown bug that have been getting deeper I study more about but the problem is showing diferent aspects on the result since May 10th where now rootkit scan will get paused if I open or have been executing these two programs that I have so far seen simultaneously pausing or showing signs of rootkit scan been concluded before reaching 100%.

Since I’m still operating on Windows 7 and the other machine on Windows 8. Both computers showed that opening notepad program while rootkit scan is running. The effect taken are stopping and pausing the progress on the scan.

But on the actual I’m presented using Windows 7 OS indicated also another program when open or are being  executed while or when rootkit scan is about to start is that stop completely the progress of the scan and become paused but the message on KIS interface under background scans are located show rootkit scan finished 39%.

If these programs are closed, the rootkit scan go back up and continue to progress.

The interface is odd and show there are inconsistency in the sentence and about the behavior that have been happening since Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391 (b) from updates that were installed from May 10th.

These were programs I had issue while rootkit scan is running:

Gimp 2.8.14

Notepad ++ 6.1