Shopify website not displaying images

About 3 weeks ago, Kaspersky updated something and I am now unable to see images on any website using the Shopify shopping cart system in any browser including Firefox, MS Edge and Google Chrome. Other websites with other cart systems are not affected. I went in and added those websites plus shopify.com to trusted addresses under network settings, cleared cookies and cache but still cannot see the images. I have also updated to the most current  2021 Kaspersky Internet Security but still no luck. Is there something else that has to be allowed to be able to see the Shopify images again? Any help appreciated as I am not sure what’s suddenly being blocked when it never was before and Shopify is no help at all. Thanks. :-)

Hello @Didean

Welcome!

1. Is the shopping cart system where you cannot see images your store? 
  2. KIS, which version & patch(x) x=letter, in Windows hidden icons, select Kaspersky icon, rightclick, select About
  3. OS version & build, in Windows Search field, type    winver  → press enter, a small popup window will show the required information? 
  4. In KIS Reports, are there any Shopify errors, IF “yes”, save the Report as a text file,   attach📎 the text file to your reply please? 
  5. Is Private Browsing, Allow data collection ON → image 1? 
  6. Is Anti-Banner, Allowed - image 2? 

7. As a test only: exit all browsers, go to KIS Settings, Network settings, UNCHECK Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages → image 3 abovestart browser, recheck image issue, if the result is the same “cannot see images”, reapply the check to Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages, do not leave it disabled.
  8. In each browser Console log, when “cannot see images” is replicated, in the browser Console log, are there any RED errors? IF “yes”, save the LOG, change the file extension to .txt, attach📎 the text file to your reply please? 
  9. We need to see what you see, please post full screen images of Shopify website not displaying images? 
  • Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Additional resource:
Read before you create a new topic! Tutorial by @Danila T. 

1. It is not my store. I have about four online stores I purchase items from and all have the same image display problem.

For example: sunplay.com shows text links but no images at all. Images in Shopify are part of the shopping cart system.

Another example: europeandeli.com - social media icons are huge and the text links are present, but all other images, do not show up.

2. KIS 21.3.10.391 (a)

3. Windows 10 Pro OS Build 19041.928

4. No shopify error reports that I could see

5. and 6. I don't have the Kaspersky extension on my Firefox browser and I do have it on MS Edge. Same results. KIS is set to only gather stats in private browsing.

7. No change with unchecking inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages

8. Firefox had a console error log (attached). I couldn't see anything in MS Edge, but it's a confusing browser to begin with.

Hello @Didean

Thank you for the information & images👌

Our test: 

Link

1. If Edge or Firefox are run as Incognito/InPrivate browsers, do any of the 4 shops, images, resolve correctly? 
  2. For all 4 shops, sunplay, europeandeli & the 2 you've not told us the URLs for, check the KIS Reports again, look thru all Reports & before doing any further steps please save the KIS Report, then do the following. 
  3. In the EDGE browser, for all 4 shops, sunplay, europeandeli, etc., etc, change Private Browsing, Allow data collection to ONAnti-Banner to Allowed
  4. Close all browsers, do not reopen atm.
  5. Open KIS, go to Settings, Manage settings, select Export, save the KIS configuration file
  6. Again in KIS →  Manage settings, Select Restore → restore Settings to default
  7. Exit KIS by going to Windows hidden icons, right hand side of taskbar, near network icon, Date & time icon etc, rightclick the KIS icon, select Exit. Make sure you've fully exited KIS application. 
  8. Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KIS is started. 
  9. Open Edge or Firefox, go to the 4 shops, are the images resolving correctly? If "yes", post back & let us know please? If "no" proceed with the next steps: 
  10. Open KIS, go to Settings, Network settings, Encrypted connections scanning, Manage exclusions, add the URLs for the 4 shops:  sunplay.com, europeandeli.com, etc., etc. see video at the end of our reply
  11. Exit KIS by going to Windows hidden icons, right hand side of taskbar, near network icon, Date & time icon etc, rightclick the KIS icon, select Exit. Make sure you've fully exited KIS application. 
  12. Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KIS is started. 
  13. Open Edge or Firefox, go to the 4 shops, are the images resolving correctly? If "yes", post back & let us know please? If "no" let us know please? 
  14. Also, attach📎 the KIS Report you saved earlier & post full screen images of any remaining issues, full screen means please include the URLs & Windows taskbar etc, please don't crop the images. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Link

1. The issues do not resolve in private or incognito windows.

2. Reports attached. Only sunplay.com generated any report. There were no other reports generated anywhere.

9. After KIS default restore and computer shutdown, the issues remain the same in Firefox and Edge.

10. After adding exclusions to encrypted connections scanning, no change. I've added the last screenshots in Edge and Firefox for 3 sites - sunplay.com, stonesnsilver.com and europeandeli.com (the 4th is a medical supply site I will not reveal due to privacy but the issues are the same.)

Hello @Didean

Thank you for the information & Reports👌 

For both Edge & Firefox, on each site:  sunplay.com, stonesnsilver.com, europeandeli.com & medical supply, change: 

1. Kaspersky protection extension, Private browsing, to Allow data collection on this website → image 1
  2. Kaspersky protection extension, Anti-Banner, to Allow on this website → image 2
  3. Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KIS is started. 
  4. Open Edge or Firefox, go to the 4 shops, are the images resolving correctly? IF “no”, go to step 5: 
  5. As a test only: exit all browsers, go to KIS SettingsNetwork settings, UNCHECK Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages image 3; start browser, recheck image issue, if the result is the same “cannot see images”, reapply the check to Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages, do not leave it disabled.

Let us know please?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

After allowing data collection and anti-banner to allow, no images.

Testing the uncheck inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages, no images. I rechecked it immediately afterward.

I really appreciate your trying to help. This is the nuttiest thing I’ve run across.

Hello @Didean

You’re most welcome☺
Thank you for the information & all your efforts👌

There is an exception in the log & in KIS Reports, web beacons seemed to be an issue, however, the steps you followed above should have dealt with that….  

Complete long shot→ 

1. Check applications incompatible with KIS? 🤔
  2. There was a significant Windows update 13/04/2021 → confirm all Windows updates have a Successfully applied status? 

We could keep going, however, (ioo), log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, use the Safe money issue, Issue with banking or payment www template as in our image; Support may request traces, logs & other data, they will advise & guide you:

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋 

All Windows updates installed successfully, but Microsoft is the Anti-Christ and it does many, many bad things, not the least of which is to destroy online privacy, so who knows what the updates might have done. ;-)

I did not see anything in the incompatible list, but again, Windows might have activated something that Kaspersky doesn’t like.

I will submit a tech support request and report back if they figure it out.

Thanks!!! :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, back with an update. It’s not Windows 10 but something with Kaspersky. Kaspersky tech support told me to uninstall Kaspersky so I can see the Shopify images? What kind of answer is that? This issue occurs in MS Edge, Chrome and Firefox, so I know it’s not a browser issue. They need to fix this problem because a lot of online vendors use Shopify. I am underwhelmed by Kaspersky tech support - time to escalate to Tier 2 or 3 as  advising a customer to uninstall a program I paid for is not a viable option to fix their issues. That being said, the KAS community is populated with kind, helpful people who should be in charge of Tech Support instead of the people who dole out such ………..  advice. How can I best escalate this issue?

•  Kaspersky tech support told me to uninstall Kaspersky so I can see the Shopify images?
  • I am underwhelmed by Kaspersky tech support - time to escalate to Tier 2 or 3 as  advising a customer to uninstall a program I paid for is not a viable option to fix their issues.
  • How can I best escalate this issue?

Hello @Didean

Welcome back!

Very disappointing😒. 

Re “Kaspersky tech support told me to uninstall Kaspersky so I can see the Shopify images.

1. Do they mean as a test or as a permanent solution?
  2. Did they analyse traces & logs from the system? 
  3. IF the INC was opened via (your) MyKaspersky account, in the Incident management que there used to be an option to report a case for management review, however, since Kaspersky recently updated the portal, that’s now gone☹
  4. Is the INC still open?

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋