Secure traffic in Window Operating System not monitored

Jimbo1249
Go to solution Solved by Schulte,

• Solution

Hello @Jimbo1249, hello @Guill19,

user @Krümel posted a possible solution, but I can not test it:

• Close FF/TB
  • go in KL product to 'settings->network settings->Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird' and select 'Use Mozilla certificate store'.
  • Save settings
  • open FF/TB
  • close FF/TB
  • select again 'use Windows certificate store (recommended)’
  • save settings

With a little luck the message is gone now.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m getting nowhere trying to deal with manual insertion of a certificate to deal with this message from Kaspersky

The instructions I’ve seen on the Internet do not clearly show where I find this certificate or how to move it where it belongs. I have no idea what it’s for and have never seen the alert from Kaspersky till this morning. Have been running Firefox and TBird with Kaspersky for a good half year.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @Jimbo1249, hello @Guill19,

user @Krümel posted a possible solution, but I can not test it:

• Close FF/TB
  • go in KL product to 'settings->network settings->Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird' and select 'Use Mozilla certificate store'.
  • Save settings
  • open FF/TB
  • close FF/TB
  • save settings

After manually installing certificate a few times and restarting all applications nothing worked except this solution here - thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

user @Krümel posted a possible solution, but I can not test it:

• Close FF/TB
  • Save settings
  • open FF/TB
  • close FF/TB
  • save settings

I’m using Kaspersky Security Cloud Free and Thunderbird, Firefox is not installed. I started getting the “Secure traffic in Window Operating System not monitored” message a few months back, every time Thunderbird updates. My solution was to uninstall then re-install Kaspersky every time  Thunderbird updated. After the re-install the “Secure traffic in Window Operating System not monitored” message is gone.

This is what worked for me and just thought I would pass this on if it might help anyone or shed additional light on the problem.

Hello @ronsspot 

thanks for writing me in the English Forum. Yes, I presented a solution in the German Forum.

Link

Yes, your soltution works too. But I think with too much circumstances.

Sorry, I really want to write more to you. But my English ist going from bad to worse in my running age. And the other point is that I don´t use the product “Security Cloud Free”. So, there is no experience. Maybe the english speaking people in this forum here can help you better than me. I´m sorry.

Servus Krümel

• 3 weeks later...

Kaspersky Lab Product Notification Center Message:

Recommendation

"Secure traffic in Microsoft Windows Operating System is not monitored. There was an error while configuring Microsoft Windows Operating System. To resume monitoring, add the certificate manually."

How to add the Kaspersky root certificate to the Mozilla Firefox or Thunderbird certificate storage:

https://support.kaspersky.com/14620#block2

After successfully adding the Kaspersky root certificate to the Mozilla Firefox or Thunderbird certificate storage, the message in the Notification Center is still present. 

1 - Close Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird.

2 - Open your Kaspersky Lab product. Go to Settings > Network settings > Mozilla                    Firefox and Thunderbird, and select > Use Mozilla certificate store.

3 - Save settings

4 - Open Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird.

5 - Close Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird.

6 - In your Kaspersky Lab product select > Use Windows certificate store (recommended).

7 - Save settings.

This solution works, but only temporarily. Each time Mozilla Thunderbird is updated to the latest version, the message in the notification centre reappears. It's then a matter of following each step from the solution again.

Kaspersky Lab Product Notification Center Message:

Recommendation

"Secure traffic in Microsoft Windows Operating System is not monitored. There was an error while configuring Microsoft Windows Operating System. To resume monitoring, add the certificate manually."

How to add the Kaspersky root certificate to the Mozilla Firefox or Thunderbird certificate storage:

https://support.kaspersky.com/14620#block2

After successfully adding the Kaspersky root certificate to the Mozilla Firefox or Thunderbird certificate storage, the message in the Notification Center is still present. 

1 - Close Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird.

2 - Open your Kaspersky Lab product. Go to Settings > Network settings > Mozilla                    Firefox and Thunderbird, and select > Use Mozilla certificate store.

3 - Save settings

4 - Open Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird.

5 - Close Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird.

6 - In your Kaspersky Lab product select > Use Windows certificate store (recommended).

7 - Save settings.

This solution works, but only temporarily. Each time Mozilla Thunderbird is updated to the latest version, the message in the notification centre reappears. It's then a matter of following each step from the solution again.

This solution does indeed work but…..   Firefox is updated virtually weekly so this is going to become a very annoying message.  Is this the fault of Mozilla or is it a change that needs to be made in Kaspersky???

I hope it is a change inside Kaspserky otherwise it will be with us forever.

Kaspsersky support people:  Do you have a view on this?

thanks

Paul

• 1 month later...

The recommendation in Kaspersky Internet Security Notification Center is as follows:

If you have Thunderbird installed in your Windows Operating System, and add the certificate manually, https://support.kaspersky.com/14620, the recommendation is still present in the Kaspersky Internet Security Notification Center. The issue is with Thunderbird, not Mozilla Firefox. Every time Thunderbird is updated to the latest version, the recommendation reappears in the Notification Center. 

A solution is posted at the following link: 

https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-security-cloud-11/secure-traffic-in-window-operating-system-not-monitored-20871

Here is another solution but less time-consuming:

1 - Before installing the latest version of Thunderbird, go into Kaspersky Lab product to ->         Settings -> Network settings -> Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird, and select ->  Use                   Mozilla certificate store. 

2 - Save settings.

3 - Update Thunderbird.

4 - Select again -> Use Windows certificate store (recommended)

5 - Save settings.

Currently, these steps need to be followed again before installing the latest version of Thunderbird.