secure browsing

Go to solution Solved by nexon,

I entered a website in Chrome and received a download refused notification from Kaspersky, but when I enter the same website in the Brave browser, I do not receive a notification. Kaspersky not working in Brave?

• Solution

Hello,

Welcome.

Officialy is brave not supported by Kaspersky. If you want filtering webapges in brave you must have kaspersky protection addon installed and brave.exe renamed to chrome.exe

I have brave and working fine.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, nexon disse:

Hello,

Welcome.

Officialy is brave not supported by Kaspersky. If you want filtering webapges in brave you must have kaspersky protection addon installed and brave.exe renamed to chrome.exe

Hugs friend,
I didn't know it worked by doing what you said. Could you take a screenshot of the Kaspersky add-on working on Brave?
If possible, take the print where you renamed. to make it easier for everyone who visits this topic to know that it works with changes you made.
Thanks! 🙂

2 hours ago, nexon said:

Hello,

Welcome.

Brave not supported by Kaspersky but I think downloaded files from brave are scanned by kaspersky, am I rigth?

6 minutes ago, Batuhan1122 said:

Brave not supported by Kaspersky but I think downloaded files from brave are scanned by kaspersky, am I rigth?

If files are downloaded into your PC kaspersky scanning it by File Antivirus automatically. So if you want fully funktional brave you should rename brave.exe to chrome.exe this will allow you install kaspersky protection addon without any issues but KPM addon will not work.

image.thumb.png.14537fb15201bcdf68063eb96659aa90.png

Edited by nexon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nexon said:

If files are downloaded into your PC kaspersky scanning it by File Antivirus automatically. So if you want fully funktional brave you should rename brave.exe to chrome.exe this will allow you install kaspersky protection addon without any issues but KPM addon will not work.

Okay I understand, thanks a lot. Btw what is KPM?

5 horas atrás, nexon disse:

My friend, please clear my doubts?
When Brave is updated to a new version that comes out every week. how is it?
You update normally, and the extension gives you an error, then you rename the file to chrome.exe and it works again?

If this is true, will it work with VIVALDI? 🙂

Correct. 

When Brave is updated to newest version it is created Brave.exe file. 

I delete old Chrome.exe and then rename this nrew file Brave.exe to Chrome. 

Willl wait some time and dont run browser (other processes ate runed or something like that). 

Need wait if i want that kaspersky protection addon will be funktional. 

Edited by nexon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nexon disse:

Correct. 

When Brave is updated to newest version it is created Brave.exe file. 

I delete old Chrome.exe and then rename this nrew file Brave.exe to Chrome. 

Willl wait some time and dont run browser (other processes ate runed or something like that). 

Need wait if i want that kaspersky protection addon will be funktional. 

I'm so friendly that I've already asked the Kaspersky team to install Brave, Vivaldi and Opera GX.
I haven't had an answer for a long time. 😔

2 minutes ago, nexon disse:

I dont know where is the problem... Why kaspersky dont want support or make their addon compatible with Brave or other popular browsers. 

What makes me most sad is that no one can say why KASPERSKY doesn't want to do this! Make it compatible with other browsers.

Brave have more than 65 milióna of users every month... So it is huge number. 

And here on this forum i see more an more people uses this browser more often lik before. 

It is same like if you ask for kaspersky password manager for Linux... Many years requests feature and still nothing. 

• Sad 1

It doesn't really matter here, but it's probably not easy to design a Brave add-on that pleases the browser manufacturer and benefits the user or Kaspersky.
For one thing, Brave blocks a lot of advertising on its own. On the other hand, Brave has a concept (Brave adds) that is intended to give browser users a share of the advertising revenue. Finally, a well-known German publisher, which is dependent on advertising revenue, is a co-owner of Brave.
I think a Brave add-on that takes all interests into account will not be easy...

Kaspersky scans and filters any traffic received by Brave. This happens between the operating system and the browser. In any case, it is shown in the reports.

• Like 2

Yeah I agree strong protection (i have set it to aggresive and strict) but on some websites kaspersky protection addon blocking some ads also. So nothing is 100%.

I tested it with adguard for Windows then kaspersky protection is booring because all ads were blocked by adguard and other blockers dont have any work. 

Edited by nexon