Screen stays black after enter password

Slooti

I don’t think the responses provided by kaspersky are helpful.

I have the same issue and also sent the utility report for them to check out. kaspersky  gave me their solution from a solution 1 year ago…. which  Is to simply use the CTRL ALT DEL fix. Well for  for a young child in school that solution is unacceptable.!

And ... it is quite wrong to state that this is a Microsoft issue. For starters, Kaspersky software operates in a Microsoft environment and has to be compliant with Microsoft...Microsoft is under no obligation to be compliant to kaspersky.   Secondly, this “ black screen issue “ during login is a known issue for more than one year.   It is hard to believe that the kaspersky team can not find a solution to this issue.

I don’t think the responses provided by kaspersky are helpful.

Kaspersky “workaround” Use the CTRL ALT DEL fix.

Well for for a young child in school that solution is unacceptable!

Hello @New User

Welcome & agreed!

To add to “why” the Kaspersky “workaround” is untenable, young & special needs children cannot manage the workaround, discussions with their Teachers, School Assistants & School Aids, initially they were prepared to wear the impost, however, none of them can understand why this has not be fixed, nor can we & all of them do not have the time or resources to be doing this when the kids are required to CTRL ALT DEL etc., 6 times daily. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

it is quite wrong to state that this is a Microsoft issue. For starters, Kaspersky software operates in a Microsoft environment and has to be compliant with Microsoft...Microsoft is under no obligation to be compliant to kaspersky.

It is not the question of compatibility, it is that Kaspersky triggers some hidden bug in Windows, which can be fixed by Microsoft. We have been working on a workaround, but there is no ETA at the moment. 

Also wondering why Kaspersky has 2 bug requests for the same issue

If the symptoms are similar, it does not mean the root causes are the same. 😉

• 2 months later...

Stuck with this black screen issue as well. Laptop used to work fine but ever since KSK has been installed the PC is rendered next to unusable. Uninstalled KSK problem went away. Reinstalled KSK and problem immediately comes back. Looking through the thread this has been going on for more than a year for people so if MS isn’t going to fix their bug then Kaspersky needs to design around it. 

Same issue with black screen on both kids laptops.

Suitable workaround is Ctrl-Alt-Del and Log off or User Change and Loggin again with the same User. It is Ok for my 10 years old son.

• 2 months later...

Hey there 

I have the same problem with my two children's notebooks. I find it sad that Kaspersky has not yet managed to find a solution to this problem, which has been known for over a year.

My solution is to cancel the Kaspersky subscription and look for an alternative. Because Kaspersky obviously doesn't think it's necessary to take care of its customers' concerns. What a pity!

• 7 months later...

I still have this problem and found out what caused it. All because of a Windows function called fast startup. When it is turned on after shutting down the system and restarting it with the SafeKids service turned on, I get a black screen after logging to system. The Explorer service does not start and must be started manually. After turning off the fast startup service, everything is fine. Fast startup can be turned off in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings

• Like 1