Scan.Generic.PortScan.TCP popups

Hello  guys, 

recently my KIS popped up a notification like 8 times under one minute and it happened in any other day too.

It said “The network attack Scan.Generic.PortScan.TCP has been blocked”

I’ve been searching in the internet that the PortScanning is kinda dangerous, and can steal data. 

The attack came from the same IP but different port, I’ve also looked up the attacking computer IP, and found that the IP is private and I cannot locate it (although maybe not important to locate).

I just worried that a hacker might steal my data / information and hack my accounts. Is there something I can do or simply relying on Kaspersky to continuously blocking the attack is enough? Any suggestions? 

Thank you in advance

• 3 months later...

Today I got this notification:

Network attack detected    TCP   
Active user   
Detected object is added to exclusions   
Scan.Generic.PortScan.TCP   
Detected object is added to exclusions: Scan.Generic.PortScan.TCP   
TCP from 94.102.49.104 to local port 7730   
TCP from 94.102.49.104 to local port 7730   
Network packet    7730       
Today, 9/25/2020 3:14 PM

Using KIS 21.1.15.500(b)

Is it dangerous and what is recommended to do? Thanks in advance!

Hi, @gunny , @Khesab,
You can read more about this attack in the following articles:
https://encyclopedia.kaspersky.com/glossary/port-scanning/

https://threats.kaspersky.com/en/threat/Scan.Generic.TCP/
https://threats.kaspersky.com/en/class/Scan/

This can be either a real attack or a false positive if the same conditions are present in the traffic that are suitable for the attack. The attack should be perceived in a different way than usual - it is simply scanning for what network services are installed on the computer and running, from which the attacker can conclude which services may be vulnerable and take further action. By itself, this attack does nothing wrong.
These attacks can come from a single computer or from multiple computers (hosts) if the scan port is launched from multiple machines. Usually this is some utility like nmap. Kaspersky Internet Security blocks these attacks (packets), you don't need to do anything else.

Hello @gunny, @Khesab & @Johny

Please refer to advice from @Igor Kurzin in @mikki’s topic Frequent network attack detected, Scan.Generic.PortScan.UDP

qte

This is an error on the side of the product:

“Network attack detected, Detected object is added to exclusions”

In fact this means that there is no attack, the network packet does not present any danger and should not be detected. This information should not be displayed to the user. 

This will be fixed in MR2 release, which is expected in November. 

unqte

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Disclaimer, we have no association with Kaspersky. 

Hi Flood+1whale,

To fully identify that this Scan.Generic.PortScan.TCP is the known issue, one needs to check the report and make sure the string: “Detected object is added to exclusions” is present. If the attack is blocked and there is no “Detected object is added to exclusions” - we need to further investigate.

Hi @gunny

Please check the reports via More Tools → Reports → select Network Attack Blocker on the left site → check that attacks have this string: “Detected object is added to exclusions”

Hi @Johny

Yes, Kaspersky Free protects against network attacks.

See more here

Regards,

Igor

Hello again

Thank you for the reply

I just need an explanation couse:
“Please check the reports via More Tools → Reports → select Network Attack Blocker on the left site → check that attacks have this string: “Detected object is added to exclusions”

I don’t have that “string” you are talking about

I know it’s in diffrent language but there is nothing more to see here,this is the detailed reports page,I can only see what you can on the image,nothing more

Hello @Johny

1. Change the Report to 24hrs or 7 days, whichever timeframe adequately captures enough of the TCP events for us to look at the data; EXPORT the Report, save as a .txt file, attach📎 to your topic/reply please? 

Do not worry that the report is not in English, we can work with data in all languages ??

2. Check if Kaspersky Security Cloud v21 (free) is available in your region/location, if “yes” please uninstall the existing free software, install  Kaspersky Security Cloud v21 (free)  & recheck the issue? 

@Igor Kurzin, can you engage as well please to answer @Johny’s query? 

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Hello @Igor Kurzin,

Thank you🙏  

Hello @Johny

If Technical Support say they cannot help, because you are using the free Kaspersky software, tell them @Igor Kurzin told you to raise the incident, add the URL/link to this topic in your incident request & please PM the incident reference number to @Igor Kurzin

• To raise the incident, follow the template below, for Operating system , fill in your information, don’t copy ours unless it’s the same

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Please share the outcome, with the community, when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

• 6 months later...

Hello, 

I seem to have a similar issue and i cant contact support since the confirmation email is broken and i cant confirm my account (yes i tried send again they dont send a new one but this is not the issue here). My Problem is that i get attack notifications from my own mail adress and they didnt pop up until today and iam getting about 1 every minute i dont know how to fix it since i dont think its and attack.

btw 

nicht bearbeited : not processed

Heute : Today

Netzwerkangriff erkannt: Network attack detected