Scan.Generic.PortScan.TCP notifications

January

One question.
I’m currently making a report to the technical support team, and is Kaspersky Anti-virus the free version?

Hello @January,

Also:

• Has a subscription been paid for Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Kaspersky Security Cloud or does it show Free in the software name → image1 ?
  • Technical support (from Kaspersky Technical Support team), is not available for users of free Kaspersky software → image2

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

One question.
I’m currently making a report to the technical support team, and is Kaspersky Anti-virus the free version?

Hello @January,

Also:

• Has a subscription been paid for Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Kaspersky Security Cloud or does it show Free in the software name → image1 ?
  • Technical support (from Kaspersky Technical Support team), is not available for users of free Kaspersky software → image2

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I have the free version

So I wrote to the K-support and typed that I have K-AntiVirus

Sooooo are they going to respond or just leave me cause I don’t posses the subscription?

There is an option in Network attack blocker - to select the duration of the block if the attacker’s IP address (after detection of the attack).

Have you tried to increase the duration? What does happen in this case?

Traces can be enabled in Free products: Disable Self-Defence - change the paramater TraceFileEnable in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP20.0\Trace\Default registry branch with 1.

Do disable traces - set the parameter to 0 and restart product. But in this case the most probably it is necessary to collect dump of the  traffic.

In general what is an inconvenience in this case? That there are events regardign the network attack in product’s reports?

How do you understand that there are these network attacks? By checking product’s reports?

In general what is an inconvenience in this case? That there are events regardign the network attack in product’s reports?

How do you understand that there are these network attacks? By checking product’s reports?

Kaspersky says that somone is trying to atack me with Scan.generic.PortScan(something like that).I was looking on the internet to see if that’s dangerous and can I stop these atacks somehow.What I found was a Kaspersky forum(this forum) and the answer on that exactly same topic was not understandable for me.So I created a new topic.Then Berny said that I need to speak with the K-Support, and I did.The support responded to me with some instructions.And there was a one point where I needed to turn on a tracking device or something connected to tracking. I didn’t found any tracking on my Kaspersky free aplication, so I asked, and Berny told me that Cloud Security Anti-virus has that tracking option.Then I instaled that Cloud but I can’t use cloud becouse It doesn’t work in my region.It should couse I selected EU in the instalation options and Poland is in EU.

In case if the option to block the IP address for specified period of time does not work somewhy - then indeed we need to receive traces of the issue.

So please follow the instructions in your current request to Tech support.

Thank you!