Scan hangs at com.apple.telemetry

Go to solution Solved by Abe,

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaspersky hanged at com.apple.telemetry - MacOS Mojave Ver: 10.14.6: Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 6 MB Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled Memory: 16 GB Boot ROM Version: 257.0.0.0.0 SMC Version (system): 2.3f36,

I made sure that there was no conflicting applications installed. It is concerning that you are asked to repair disk permissions in 10.14 as I believe this option was removed years ago. I am forced to restart in order to stop the frozen scan.
Hello MacGarage, Welcome! Have Kaspersky Technical Support been helping you also? Please let us know? Thank you.

Kaspersky hanged at com.apple.telemetry - MacOS Mojave Ver: 10.14.6: MN: MacBook Pro, (Pro10.1)
Hello Fomand, Welcome! Please follow these steps:
  1. Enable KIS TRACES, replicate issue, save traces, turn traces OFF - provide to TS.
  2. Collect MacOS Logs - provide to TS.
  3. Contact: Kaspersky Technical Support select LOCATION, select GENERAL PRODUCT USE, choose from:
  1. Phone (not available all locations)
  2. OnlineChat (not available all locations)
  3. Log a request, via MyKaspersky web portal

Thank you.

I have switched to Kaspersky Security Cloud 20 and the problem with com.apple.telemetry scan hang is there too. Currently I'm running MacOS 10.14.6. It seems to be an "engine" issue as it happens not only with Internet Security and I am pretty sure the analysis "engine" is the same on all code names. Also, on Security Cloud, the automated scan of inserted drives hangs too always and you just can't safely remove the attached drive. In order to make it stop, you have to reboot machine.

Hello, I have submitted trace files and other details to the technical support. One thing that I have remarked while reproducing the issue is that it manifests only after the virus databases are updated with a new release version. Any scan that follows the database update hangs at some point. It is like some caching technology optimizes the scanning engine to skip certain already analyzed files and when the virus db update comes, the optimization stack tech fails somewhere. I don't know. Still waiting for a response from the technical support thus I'll come back with additional updates. Thank you!

I have received an update and is as follows: bug issue was created, not having any resolution-related information yet. I'll post other updates as soon they appear. Thank you! Igor Kurzin FLOOD richbuff
Hello h3x00r, Thanks so much for the update! Good work:thumbsup_tone3:! Did the Lab give a BR#? Please let us know? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same problem , but for me the solution was to remove the scan history before to do a new full scan. Maybe that will help to find the solution ?
It looks like it's working with this solution Railroader66, thanks. If I experience the same error again I will post.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm no expert (at all), but I did something that apparently worked (apparently because I'm STILL running Kaspersky - right now 7% scanned). What I did was running the "Disk Utility" WHILE scanning the Mac. Magically after I ran Disk Utility, I went back to check how Kaspersky was doing, and there were more than 1% scanned. Could anyone try that and see if also works? I'm using macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. Can't remember when was the last time that the program ran properly. It would always stop at 1%, so today I decided to find a solution and ended up here. Good luck to all! (19% progress so far!)

• 1 month later...

I tried to solve this with Kaspersky and whatever solution I tried had limited success and the problem returned. Most full scans and custom scans stalled well before they completed, forcing me to kill the process.  I’ve been following this and other threads and I’ve concluded that Kaspersky has some fundamental incompatabilities with Mac OS Catalina and some prior versions, and I’m going to replace the product when my subscription is over. I have neither the time nor the inclination to help Kaspersky beta test their releases. I do like the company and its product but I don't want to spend any more time on this issue. 

I tried to solve this with Kaspersky and whatever solution I tried had limited success and the problem returned. Most full scans and custom scans stalled well before they completed, forcing me to kill the process.  I’ve been following this and other threads and I’ve concluded that Kaspersky has some fundamental incompatabilities with Mac OS Catalina and some prior versions, and I’m going to replace the product when my subscription is over. I have neither the time nor the inclination to help Kaspersky beta test their releases. I do like the company and its product but I don't want to spend any more time on this issue. 

I am totally agree with you, the problem persists and I really wonder if Kaspersky is trying to fix it. Otherwise I really could end my subscription if the problem doesn’t get to and end.

• 3 months later...

Yeah I paid ahead for 2 year’s, full scans fail around ½ way, the network attack protection hangs my Mac and I have to constantly hard reboot.  That and numerous times it causes my Mac to reboot and at times freezes while booting up.

Opened a ticket and only thing accomplished was consistent asking for logs, more logs, etc.  Yep I’m done with KIS even though I have a year left, life is too short to put up with this BS.  I’ll check out another AV, hopefully I’ll find something that actually works and doesn’t kill my MacBook Pro.