samsung smartview on 2 different samsung devices

2 devices both using Kaspersky android security and Kaspersky VPN ... with the VPN active we can't connect wirelessly to printers . We can't mirror phone screen using samsung smartview ( which we use often ) both televisions have miracast devices . It's been nice using the cast screen connectivity for viewing when the whole family wants to watch the same thing that someone saw on YouTube or maybe a news cast , occasional movie . Can anyone tell me how to get these samsung android system apps to work with Kaspersky VPN ??? S21 & galaxy s8 samsung devices .   

Hello @Maksymiv

Welcome!

1. (Please) Read before you create a new topic!
  2. Log a request with Kaspersky support, select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; support may request logs, traces, & other data, they will guide you.
  • 💥 If selecting Chat option, we recommend you request a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email AFTER the chat completes.

Please share the outcome with the Community?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Yea , ok. Hey I read the guidelines . I not only opened chat with tech support but I talked with em over the phone . I followed their directions and got emailed further directions which I followed which resulted in no resolution to the problem I posted . Their suggestion was to post here for further suggestions which I've now done . Your answer is just about as helpful as tech support has been on this Sunday afternoon .

I really need internet security cause we seem to have attracted some unwanted hactivist or something along those lines while complaints to police and federal agency's have been seemingly completely ignored . In short , if you can't answer the question posted please don't post a reply .

Hello @Maksymiv

You’re most welcome!

1. Is the KIS software Premium or Free? 
  2. Did the Technical team give you an incident/ticket reference number? 
  3. Did they request you install a KIS logging app? 
  4. Did they ask you to submit an AIDA64 report? 

Note: 3. 4. cannot be done via the Community, data collection/submission can only be done via the Technical team

💥 The fact is, IF your software is Premium, not Free, the issue you’ve raised, needs to be addressed by the technical team💥

You may well be annoyed with the lack of support you’ve received from the technical team, but, please keep in mind, unless you see Kaspersky employee, written  beside the name of a Community member, then we are all here voluntarily, just like you, to help you. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Premium versions not the free one .

Screen shot of Android telling me that Smartview can't connect due to VPN 

AIDA64 report which I forward with the incident reference number given by Kaspersky rep. 

I did not have this problem with alternative VPN provider ... but then again , they were so wonderful that I've decided to opt for Kaspersky VPN so ... 

I did tinker with the settings once the problem proved persistent , switching off toggles and trying again to connect . The only toggle which allowed me to connect to smartview was/is VPN off . 

Frustrated ... understatement of the year. 

Local , County , State , federal governing agency's ..  can't seem to get cyber security under control but all offer avenue for redress of grievance to citizenry ... 

I'm none of the above , this is a lot of grief for the cost incurred for walking out of a Best Buy with a couple of handsets & paying asking price for software labeled as premium . 

If employment didn't require me to have these devices , I'd settle for Morse code and messenger pigeons . For the price of bird seed & save me the cost of subscription not to mention what these "smart phones" cost .

Hello @Maksymiv

Thank you for the information👌

1. Without wanting to frustrate you further, what was the final conclusion the technical support team gave you, apart from telling you to “post in the Community”, what was their “technical solution” & is the incident still open please? 
  2. Please give us the exact specifics? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 8 months later...
On 2/14/2022 at 6:02 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Maksymiv

Thank you for the information?

1. Without wanting to frustrate you further, what was the final conclusion the technical support team gave you, apart from telling you to “post in the Community”, what was their “technical solution” & is the incident still open please? 
  2. Please give us the exact specifics? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Also interested if you found a solution as I have the exact same issue, Samsung TVs seem not to like Kaspersky VPN for an unknown reason... If somebody knows a workaround for this, I'm all ears. ;)

7 hours ago, L4RS said:

Also interested if you found a solution as I have the exact same issue, Samsung TVs seem not to like Kaspersky VPN for an unknown reason... If somebody knows a workaround for this, I'm all ears. ?

Hello @L4RS

Welcome!

1. The 'Samsung TV' side of the issue - Kaspersky community cannot assist with, on the Kaspersky VPN side, what errors show
  2. Do the same errors show irrespective of remote virtual location selected?
  3. Is Split tunneling being used? 

@Maksymiv never provided a final update; generally, when Kaspersky support tell consumers to seek help from the Community, they may have determined the issue is out-of-scope or not supported by Kaspersky; if you have an active Kaspersky Premium subscription, we recommend logging a case with Kaspersky support, select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; support may request logs, traces, & other data, they will guide you.

Please share the outcome, with the Community, when it's available?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife