Safe Money not using browser setting??

tterb76

Windows 11 22000.282
Kaspersky Internet Security
21.3.10.391(g)

Hi there :)

I have setup Safe Money in KIS, but, it won't use the selected browser when it opens a secure new browser window.

My main browser is Firefox, but the default on my system is Edge (chromium).

I have tried -

- Selecting "Default Browser"
- Selecting "Chromium-based Microsoft Edge"
- Selecting "Google Chrome" to test

I also tried rebooting my PC, but, nothing works.

Any ideas?

I really want to use edge for Safe Money sites.

Cheers

Hi @tterb76 , 

Do I correctly understand the scenario: you are using Firefox for surfing, but if you need to open a site in Protected Browser, you want to go from Firefox to MS Edge Chromium automatically?

What happens if you select "Chromium-based Microsoft Edge" in Safe Money settings and then click on a site in Safe Money list of web sites? 

Hi @tterb76 , 

Do I correctly understand the scenario: you are using Firefox for surfing, but if you need to open a site in Protected Browser, you want to go from Firefox to MS Edge Chromium automatically?

Hi. That is exactly right! It does not work no matter what I select in the KIS settings. Like I said I also tried to get it to open in an Chrome window and that does not work either.

Thanks

Thank you for clarification. Regretfully, when you work in a browser (e.g. Firefox), the Protected Browser can only be opened in the same browser (Firefox). To open Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as Protected Browser you need to either work initially in Chromium-based Microsoft Edge or click the site on the list of Safe Money. 

The option in Safe Money: 

applies only to the sites in Safe Money window: 

Hi,

I don’t think I explained properly.

I browse the web in Firefox. Edge is my default browser in Windows. I have selected Edge in the KIS settings for Safe Money. When I click on a link bookmark in the Safe Money list in Firefox, it opens a new Firefox window INSTEAD of the browser selected in the Safe Money settings (Edge).

Sorry for the confusion!