Safe Money Cache has thousands of unmoveable files

Canon111

Hi everyone. I am running an optimization benchmark and found 41,000 umoveable files in the directory:

C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\SafeBrowser\Common\S-1-5-21-2589024238-4125490589-4021443206-1005\FireFox\cache2\entries

This is using over 1GB of space but seems to have significant performance implications.

Hi everyone. I am running an optimization benchmark and found 41,000 umoveable files in the directory: C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\SafeBrowser\Common\S-1-5-21-2589024238-4125490589-4021443206-1005\FireFox\cache2\entries

This is using over 1GB of space but seems to have significant performance implications.

Hello @Canon111

Welcome!

• Cached data is used to quickly load an app or website for every subsequent visit.
  1.  Please Read before you create a new topic tutorial by @Danila T. 

2. Where did you wish to move the SafeBrowser, Firefox cache files too? 
  3. Is Kaspersky Security Cloud (KSC) Premium or Free? 
  4. Are the cache files for one specific date or across a date range

To work with the files: 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thank you for the suggestion. I was considering a safe mode fix.

Work around: I have temporarily stopped using Safe Money and this allowed me to clear the directory.

Ideally I want Kaspersky running at all times.

Certain system files are difficult to defragment such as the Windows Indexing file and I might reset them during optimization.

Kaspersky has a impact on boot optimization but it's unclear how much. My benchmarks are too crude.

Hello @Canon111

Thank you for the update!

The Safe Mode suggestion was only to resolve the immediate problem, we’re not suggesting you run the system in Safe Mode permanently. 

The accumulation of files is not normal, that’s why we queried the date(s) & requested the other information. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋