Safe Browsing blocking sites randomly

I realized it only a few days ago, after a year of it happening when I happened to accidentally turn it off. Every website that I believed was blocked by my isp started launching. I thought Kaspersky Plus(Pure earlier) was supposed to prompt me on every site it blocks? My settings were always on medium and "prompt" was checked whenever its an option.

My question is, how do I get it to continue analyzing, but instead of proactively blocking any site, to prompt me on ones it analyses as a potential threat? So anayze but let me decide, and NO blocking unless I say so

1 hour ago, Cyanide said:

I realized it only a few days ago, after a year of it happening when I happened to accidentally turn it off. Every website that I believed was blocked by my isp started launching. I thought Kaspersky Plus(Pure earlier) was supposed to prompt me on every site it blocks? My settings were always on medium and "prompt" was checked whenever its an option.

My question is, how do I get it to continue analyzing, but instead of proactively blocking any site, to prompt me on ones it analyses as a potential threat? So anayze but let me decide, and NO blocking unless I say so

I added all the urls to trusted and url advisor exclusions. But it doesnt work.

@Cyanide Welcome

Please provide your operating system version and the version of Kaspersky installed

I just didn't quite understand the issue of Kaspersky blocking websites randomly.

• Have you tried restoring Kaspersky settings to default?
  • Have you made any changes to your device's network settings?
  • Have you tried performing a complete reinstallation of Kaspersky? (uninstalling - removing leftovers - installing again).

Additionally, for the "Ask User" option to be triggered, you must activate interactive mode.

To activate this functionality, do uncheck the box under: Settings (gear) → Security settings → Object detection exclusions → Perform recommended actions automatically

Interactive mode (user questions) will be active, and you will be asked to decide most actions.

Edited by Guilhermesene4096
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, harlan4096 said:

Also, add a capture the of the blockings...

https://imgur.com/ojfexkK

1 hour ago, Guilhermesene4096 said:

@Cyanide Welcome

Please provide your operating system version and the version of Kaspersky installed

I just didn't quite understand the issue of Kaspersky blocking websites randomly.

• Have you tried restoring Kaspersky settings to default?
  • Have you made any changes to your device's network settings?
  • Have you tried performing a complete reinstallation of Kaspersky? (uninstalling - removing leftovers - installing again).

Additionally, for the "Ask User" option to be triggered, you must activate interactive mode.

To activate this functionality, do uncheck the box under: Settings (gear) → Security settings → Object detection exclusions → Perform recommended actions automatically

Interactive mode (user questions) will be active, and you will be asked to decide most actions.

This activates prompt for not just web urls, but every app on my pc thats trying to connect to the internet.

Edited by Cyanide

@Cyanide

As mentioned by @harlan4096, this screenshot does not represent a screenshot with any messages from the installed Kaspersky product.

Additionally, I recommend that you do a complete uninstallation of the application using Kaspersky's official uninstallation tool  Download KAVremover

Spoiler

Run the file after downloading it

Read and accept the contract term by clicking → I accept

Enter the security code provided in the image

Click → Remove

Wait for the operation to finish and click → Ok

Restart your computer (important)

After uninstallation, download the new installer and connect your My Kaspersky account.

Edited by Guilhermesene4096
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Guilhermesene4096 said:

@Cyanide

As mentioned by @harlan4096, this screenshot does not represent a screenshot with any messages from the installed Kaspersky product.

Additionally, I recommend that you do a complete uninstallation of the application using Kaspersky's official uninstallation tool  Download KAVremover

Reveal hidden contents

Run the file after downloading it

Read and accept the contract term by clicking → I accept

Enter the security code provided in the image

Click → Remove

Wait for the operation to finish and click → Ok

Restart your computer (important)

After uninstallation, download the new installer and connect your My Kaspersky account.

I recently did a fresh install when I switched from Kaspersky Total to Kaspersky plus.

Like I said, this has been the case for over a year when websites stopped working overnight and I thought it was my isp. I was using Total then. 

2 hours ago, harlan4096 said:

That is not a Kaspersky warning, blocking, or notification...

No it isnt. However the crux remains, when I disable Kaspersky or add the sites to trusted, they all start working like a charm.

Tbh a perculiar thing I observed, of all the sites it facing this, torrents were the worst hit. Not one would open with Kaspersky enabled. If I disabled 'K' - Voila!

I even got a vpn subscription thinking it was my isp all this while.

• 1 month later...