Safe browser Chrome indicated that all extensions are still enabled. Is this safe? 20.0.14.1085(d) [Closed]

arleetel
Go to solution Solved by arleetel,

Safe browser Chrome indicated that all extensions are still enabled, not just the KIS extension, this was not the case with the previous version 2019. I really wonder if it's safe to have those extensions enabled (chromebleed, malwarebytes and ublock) when using banksites. Separate configuration is not possible any more, it worked with KIS 2019. And the secure keyboard is still not working ! Same thing Windows 7 and windows 10(1903.18362.356).

Windows 7, windows 10(1903.18362.356). KIS 20.0.14.1085(d) Safe browser Chrome indicated that all extensions are still enabled, not just the KIS extension, this was not the case with the previous version 2019. Separate configuration is not possible any more, it worked with KIS 2019. And the secure keyboard is still not working !
Hello @arleetel, Welcome! It sounds like there's more than one issue, so let's try to help... Regarding extensions - Safe Money - what's new
  1. KIS Secure Keyboard 2020, please tell us: if you select KIS Secure Keyboard from the Safe Money application, (see my image 1), what happens?
  2. When SafeMoney Google Chrome browser is opened, and KIS Secure Keyboard is selected, (see my image 2) what happens?
  3. Can you show us images please?
  4. Can you explain or detail the statement "Separate configuration is not possible any more" please, separate configuration of what please?
Please post back? Thank you:pray_tone3:. image 1 image 2

Hello, Thank you for your reply. 1. The secure keyboard opens 2. If I click on secure keyboard : the secure keyboard opens 3. Images : not possible to take screenshots when safe money is enabled 4. with version KIS 2019 it was possible to configure google chrome with protected browser that did not change any configuration in the normal browser, for example : the extensions. If I disable them in the protected browser they will be disabled in the normal browser as well. that’s what basically is mentioned in the what’s new link : “Safe Money has been improved:
  1. Protected Browser has been improved. Most of settings from user's profile in the main browser are now automatically transferred to Protected Browser when Protected Browser is opened.”
In my opinion it’s not an improvement, regarding the extensions and some other settings. Although the word "most" caught my attention ! I include an image but not in safe browsing of what I mean by extensions. In the past it was only the KIS icon that was displayed in safe browser. Now : by the secure keyboard input I mean the icon that is displayed when filling in credentials that showed up in previous 2019 versions, is disabled for a while and, according to support, should work in the 2020 version, but still does not.

3. Images : not possible to take screenshots when safe money is enabled 4. with version KIS 2019 it was possible to configure google chrome with protected browser that did not change any configuration in the normal browser, for example : the extensions. (5) by the secure keyboard input I mean the icon that is displayed when filling in credentials that showed up in previous 2019 versions, is disabled for a while and, according to support, should work in the 2020 version, but still does not.
Hello arleetel, Thank you for replying (3) Using SafeMoney, Google Chrome browser, I can screen print without issues. (4) In my normal Google Chrome browser I have 8 extensions, when I use SafeMoney Google Chrome browser, the only installed extensions are Kaspersky Protection extension and Kaspersky Password Manager extension. (5) I understand which icon you're referring to - in my image below, the input fields, highlighted bright green, used to show ⌨ - what have Support told you regarding this issue? Please let us know? Thank you:pray_tone3:

Hello Flood, (3) I cannot use the snipping tool using safe money, that was and is normal I suppose, for safety. I think this is normal. (4)Same thing here but on for KIS 2019 and all other versions before. I'm talking about KIS 2020 that I just downloaded and installed today. Do I miss something here on the settings ? (5)Yes, the icon is the keyboard and when I have the login screen of the bank nothing is highlighted like in your image. I mentioned that to support a long time ago, it's still an open request, they told me that it will be resolved with the new 2020 version, but it's still not. Mind you using the on screen keyboard became a habit and is still safer for banking sites only. Thank you for helping.

(3) I cannot use the snipping tool using safe money, that was and is normal I suppose, for safety. I think this is normal. (4)Same thing here but on for KIS 2019 and all other versions before. I'm talking about KIS 2020 that I just downloaded and installed today. Do I miss something here on the settings ? (5)Yes, the icon is the keyboard and when I have the login screen of the bank nothing is highlighted like in your image. I mentioned that to support a long time ago, it's still an open request, they told me that it will be resolved with the new 2020 version, but it's still not. Mind you using the on screen keyboard became a habit and is still safer for banking sites only. Thank you for helping.
Hello arleetel, You're very welcome! (3) For screen images I use Print Screen (4) I'm referring to 2020 too. I run all my Kaspersky products at Maximum security level. (5) OSKB, the bright green highlight I added (to focus attention - sorry:disappointed_relieved: if you think that's a Kaspersky "feature"). (5 again) OSKB, if you have an open INC with the Lab and you've verified the tiny keyboard icon is missing, let them know and ask them why it's not working? (5 again, again) Even tho the tiny keyboard icon is missing, the OSKB does work for me, so again, if that's not working for you, you must let the Lab know. And please keep us updated, we're very interested! Best regards.

• Solution
Sorry for a late reply. I had to be somewhere this morning. The Secure keyboard works and I tested the Print Screen feature and that works as well but.......... in my opinion this not really safe. I did read something about virtualization and if this is enabled in the BIOS and it is, you can see the possibility to block this in the safe money configuration and I don't.

(I tested) Secure keyboard feature - works. (in my opinion this not really safe).(I tested) Print Screen feature - works. (in my opinion this not really safe).I read something about virtualization, if this is enabled in the BIOS (it is), you can see the possibility to block this in the safe money configuration . (I don't).
Hello arleetel, Thanks for replying. Settings for additional protection tools - Hardware virtualization Also, Secure Data Input settings - has various configurable options. Another useful feature is: Protection against Screen Lockers. Thank you Safe Money Help Library

• 3 weeks later...
Hi FLOOD, In one of your replies above you have added an image of an input ex. of usename and password with "secure input" enabled in chrome. Was that with KIS 2020?And the latest version of chrome? You talked about a tiny keyboard icon that popup, but did the secure input icon also popup? I don't understand it should work at your site because kaspersky support told me that the cause it does not work is at technical base namely the development of chrome does not allow it anymore.

Hello arleetel, The Secure Data Input, works in Firefox, not Chrome, issue is known (by Kaspersky experts), additionally issue is replicable by Kaspersky staff. Re "Kaspersky support told me that the cause it does not work is at technical base namely the development of chrome (bc) does not allow it anymore." can you pm me the whole transcript please? Thank you.

Hi Flood, I cannot find the mail I got from Kaspersky Support any more. I switched from Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird, exported the mails but somehow some of them got lost. Right it works in IE, I never use that browser and it does not work in Edge. Firefox is certainly not my favourite brower, Stubborn he ...... It worked before in Chrome and the ticket from support is still open since end May but they remain silent. The only workaround is still to use the on screen keyboard.

Sorry cannot find anything, I checked. This is an old issue that occurred before, was solved and came back. They would contact me if it's resolved one way or another but they still did not, and in the meantime google chrome is updated again and will be in the future.

I'm saying that it happened in previous versions of Chrome, was solved until..... another Chrome update made the issue return. If it's chrome the culprit, there is no hope it will be solved, if it's a kaspersky issue maybe they find the solution. Normally it should have been solved with KIS 2020 but it's not.

Hi Flood, "I don't understand it should work at your site because kaspersky support told me that the cause it does not work is at technical base namely the development of chrome does not allow it anymore." The above was posted by @display10, that is the reason why I could not find it,

Hello arleetel, I seriously need new ?, yikes! I'm sorry! Hopefully display10 will come back & pm me the history? If this issue is happening every time Chrome updates then KIS20 or KIS500 is not going to make any difference, unless, Kaspersky work out what's changing in Chrome and accommodates that:thinking: Did the Lab tell you the issue was going to be resolved by KIS20?

You're very kind arleetel, I'm surprised you're not sticking pins in the eyes of a Flood-vodoo-doll:wink: When I spoke with them today they had no hesitation stating "known issue, still not fixed:zipper_mouth:" Re finding INC history, if an INC is raised by phone or chat, those INC's are not visible in your MyK account, even tho the INC is logged against your email address, i.e., it's "your" INC... The "takeaway" from that little gem is to raise INC's via the MyK account as it's the only repository searchable by a Kaspersky Customer. Best regards.