Retaining Term Left After Switchover

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I have been using KTS for years now, and I still have ~100 days left in my subscription. I would like to switch to Kaspersky Plus for the VPN. 

I saw in the FAQ section that KTS and KP are backwards-forwards compatible. 

Does that mean I can retain those 100 days in my Kaspersky Plus subscription if I switch right now or do I lose the days?

18 minutes ago, Durr said:

I have been using KTS for years now, and I still have ~100 days left in my subscription.

I saw in the FAQ section that KTS and KP are backwards-forwards compatible. 

1. I would like to switch to Kaspersky Plus for the VPN. 
  2. Does that mean I can retain those 100 days in my Kaspersky Plus subscription if I switch right now or do I lose the days?

Hello @Durr

Welcome!

1. The upgrade to Kaspersky Plus is with KSK for 1 year and Kaspersky Standard/limited VPN, not Unlimited VPN - why? Because, KTS comes with Kaspersky Standard/limited VPN, not Unlimited VPN. The upgrade is 'like for like', read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ
  2. The existing days will be transferred, you will not lose any days. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Durr

Welcome!

1. The upgrade to Kaspersky Plus is with KSK for 1 year and Kaspersky Standard/limited VPN, not Unlimited VPN - why? Because, KTS comes with Kaspersky Standard/limited VPN, not Unlimited VPN. The upgrade is 'like for like', read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ
  2. The existing days will be transferred, you will not lose any days. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thank you for the welcome!

So if I'm to understand correctly, even after the 100 days are over, I won't be switched to unlimited VPN?

So to get the unlimited VPN, it's better to wait till the term gets over and buy Plus?

• Thanks 1

• Solution
31 minutes ago, Durr said:
  1. So if I'm to understand correctly, even after the 100 days are over, I won't be switched to unlimited VPN?
  2. So to get the unlimited VPN, it's better to wait till the term gets over and buy Plus?

Hello @Durr

You're most welcome?!

Thank you for posting back & the extra questions!

1. Correct. 
  2. Correct, however, IF you purchase Plus, with more than one User account, the Subscriber account (you) gets Unlimited VPN, all sub-accounts, i.e., all *other* User accounts associated with the Subscription, get Kaspersky Standard/limited VPN
  3. Keep in mind the three components of a Subscription: 1. the Duration, 2. Number of User Accounts, 3. Number of Devices. 
  4. Always read https://www.kaspersky.com/plus#subscription

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
spelling?
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Durr

You're most welcome?!

Thank you for posting back & the extra questions!

1. Correct. 
  2. Correct, however, IF you purchase Plus, with more than one User account, the Subscriber account (you) gets Unlimited VPN, all sub-accounts, i.e., all *other* User accounts associated with the Subscription, get Kaspersky Standard/limited VPN
  3. Keep in mind the three components of a Subscription: 1. the Duration, 2. Number of User Accounts, 3. Number of Devices. 
  4. Always read https://www.kaspersky.com/plus#subscription

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thank you for the swift resolution. Looks like Kaspersky doesn't want me to throw my money at them, not yet?

• Haha 1