Rescue Disk does not find network adapter

Dch48

The Rescue Disk loads fine but does not find my wireless network card on my RCA tablet.. The card is the Realtek RTL8723BS Wireless LAN 802.11/n SDIO Network Adapter according to the Windows 10 Device Manager.

No, that does not help at all. I have to set up the connection on my other devices but they all show the available networks. The RCA tablet only says that no network device is present. The adapter does not even show in the hardware info but very little else does either.  Only the processor, motherboard, BIOS version, mouse, and VGA device show up. No networking or sound cards.  Even running the lshw or lpci commands from the terminal does not show any network device. It’s like it doesn’t exist. During boot the text scrolling by says that no network device is automatically found.

The tablet does not have an ethernet port either. It can only connect wirelessly. It is the RCA W101 V2 model.

@Dch48 FYI , from your system report :

* No Network device auto detected ...
* Starting NetworkManager ...
 [ ok ]
Connecting.                  1sConnecting..                 1sConnecting...                1sConnecting....               1sConnecting.....              1sConnecting......             1sConnecting.......            1sConnecting........           1sConnecting.........          1sConnecting..........         1sConnecting...........        1sConnecting............       1sConnecting.............      1sConnecting..............     1sConnecting...............    1sConnecting...............    0s [offline]
 * Marking NetworkManager as inactive. It will automatically be marked
 * as started after a network connection has been established.
 * WARNING: NetworkManager has started, but is inactive 

Yes, like I said, No Network device detected. It’s like it’s not there. All my other devices do not say that but they don’t automatically connect either. When Rescue loads, it says there are networks available and I can choose from the list and connect to my router. With the Tablet, it just says no network devices are available.

Which will be when? I figured it was an issue with the Gentoo driver repositories. I’m not a Linux fan because of the driver issues that seem to always crop up. Maybe the disk should be built with Windows PE instead.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/18/2020 at 3:42 PM, Yury N. said:

Hello.

Seems to require a Realtek driver update. Update in the next KRD version.

I have the same problem, krd.iso doesn't recognize my Intel Network Adaptater (this is NOT a Realtek adaptater) Somebody have a solution please ??

On 8/18/2020 at 3:42 PM, Yury N. said:

Hello.

Seems to require a Realtek driver update. Update in the next KRD version.

Hello, I have the same problem, krd.iso doesn't recognize my Intel Network Adaptater (this is NOT a Realtek adaptater) Somebody have a solution please ??

14 часов назад, ninarainbow сказал:

Hello, I have the same problem, krd.iso doesn't recognize my Intel Network Adaptater (this is NOT a Realtek adaptater) Somebody have a solution please ??

Hello.

As workaround you can download krd.iso every time when you want to scan your computer. ISO updated every day with actual bases.

Edited by Yury N.
  • Like 3