Renewal subscription costs more than if I was buying the product as a new user

Archie
Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

Can anyone tell me why Kaspersky charges a lot more for renewals than if I was buying the product as a new user? It is £25 more expensive for me to renew my Kaspersky Total Security than it would be I purchased the product as new Kaspersky user. I have emailed Kaspersky about this anomaly but got no reply. I don't like being treated like this and am considering changing to another company for my anti-virus product.

Hi Archie So sorry to hear about your experience. As per kaspersky support and I quote: "This can happen when renewal date falls on a period of significantly discounted purchases." For these kinds of matter, it would be best to have the auto-renewal cancelled and make a new purchase instead which isn't too bad. Because new purchases are often cheaper than renewals. Many thanks!

Thanks for your response but I have had this happen before when renewal comes up and I think Kaspersky should have the capability to check renewal price against new price and apply the lower price when customers come up for renewal. Also, I am disappointed not to get any response to my email to support on this subject. Anyway, worse things happen at sea so I'll let this drop now. Regards Archie

Thanks for your response but I have had this happen before when renewal comes up and I think Kaspersky should have the capability to check renewal price against new price and apply the lower price when customers come up for renewal. Also, I am disappointed not to get any response to my email to support on this subject. Anyway, worse things happen at sea so I'll let this drop now. Regards Archie
Hi I also agreed with you on this. One thing I noticed though, when purchasing the first time from the website, price has been discounted for almost 50% of the original price. I think it's only natural that the renewal would have the original price. Regards.

• 3 months later...

I have just been charged £49.99 (I am in the UK) automatically to renew my licence. On amazon the same is nearly half that price.

Having been with kaspersky for quite a long time, used to have the PURE product in the past, and even what they had before. I think it should be fair to offer a better price to long term, loyal customers.

I probably missed the auto-renewal email, but that does not remove the problem of customer loyalty rewards.

Hello @pitintheuk 
Welcome!
I agree, Kaspersky does not recognise longterm loyal Kaspersky subscribers who use the autorenew option, Kaspersky’s product prices are always more expensive than the same product offering from their own website.
(imo) never use autorenew, when a subscription is getting close to expiry, the Kaspersky application sends Notifications, for example, "10 days before expiry, renew license..", and even when the license expires, there's a "grace period", where full protection remains. 
At that time, I go shopping, on Kaspersky websites, and without exception, always find and buy the best, most available product at the best price. 

If the same poduct for the same number of devices and term, is avalailable on a Kaspersky www, you may wish to contact Kaspersky, ask them to Refund so you can make a purchase where you’re not financially disadvantaged, or they may “price match” a subscription, if it’s matched against the same offering from their own www. 

I don’t agree with shopping from Amazon or any other non-Kaspersky 3pty online market merchants, not authorised  by Kaspersky & not Kaspersky business partners. Such merchants may be selling Kaspersky licenses multiple times, that may end in grief and in the end, having to spend more money to rectify the issue. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @pitintheuk,

Some additional information, from Kaspersky product offering page, the small print:

quote:

“Renewal prices are subject to change, additional online offers & discounts may be available at the time of your renewal which cannot be applied to your subscription.”

end quote

⚠ The documented Kaspersky rationale to use Auto-Renewal option:

quote:

“ Auto-Renewal will extend your license automatically without you needing to lift a finger.

Before your subscription expires, you will be charged a renewal fee to keep your protection going*.

We’ll remind you about the upcoming payment beforehand via email.

You can cancel Auto-Renewal at any time – in which case you’ll need to renew your license manually.

Why Auto-Renewal?

Continuous subscription & uninterrupted protection for your devices.

Saves you time: no fuss over billing details & activation codes.

You stay in change🤔: we remind you about upcoming billing dates and you can unsubscribe at any time.”

end quote

• Loyalty is a 2 way street, I’m happy to pay for quality AV protection, I’m not happy to pay extra to not be reminded I’ve just forked out $$$$ instead of $$🤐

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 1 month later...

I have just been charged £49.99 (I am in the UK) automatically to renew my licence. On amazon the same is nearly half that price.

Having been with kaspersky for quite a long time, used to have the PURE product in the past, and even what they had before. I think it should be fair to offer a better price to long term, loyal customers.

I probably missed the auto-renewal email, but that does not remove the problem of customer loyalty rewards.

Don’t use automatic renewal… Kaspersky do not honor their promise to warn you 7 days prior to renewal. If for whatever reason you dont want to renew the escalating cost of the product (or any other reason), you are NOT given the promised 7 day warning in which to cancel… the charge goes through 7 days prior to the expiry date of the old product… THERE IS NO OPTION TO CANCEL!

• 1 month later...

KSP just autorenewed me

1 For $74.99 When the product is currently priced 39.99

2 Over 3 weeks before my subscription expires

3 And without a reminder before charging me. Like their policy says.(See post above)

I got KSP to cancel the charges but I am still angry with this company.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me why Kaspersky charges a lot more for renewals than if I was buying the product as a new user? It is £25 more expensive for me to renew my Kaspersky Total Security than it would be I purchased the product as new Kaspersky user. I have emailed Kaspersky about this anomaly but got no reply. I don't like being treated like this and am considering changing to another company for my anti-virus product.

Total rip off - I will be going elsewhere if not refunded. Loyal customers get the shaft with this mob.

• 2 weeks later...

Total rip off - I will be going elsewhere if not refunded. Loyal customers get the shaft with this mob.

I left already after getting refunded a unused subscription I purchased last December. Now I use [another antivirus]. Kaspersky and DIgital River clearly don’t know how to treat current customers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Solution

Hello,

From time to time we may run promotional introductory offers across our product range for new customers. A promotional offer may include 1 or more products, but not necessarily across our whole product range, and unless otherwise stated, will only apply to purchases made when the offer is live. Additionally, any promotional offers do not necessarily apply to both new and existing customers unless otherwise stated. We highly value our customers, and to reward them for their loyalty, we will from time to time run exclusive promotional offers for current customers only e.g. if a customer renews early.

• 8 months later...

My licence for Kaspersky Security Cloud (5 devices 2 year contract) is about to expire.  The renewal option gives me an indicative cost of  £109.99 which is considerably more than I paid for it two years ago.   On Amazon UK I can buy the same product for £39.99 so why would I waste money on renewing my licence.  I’ve been using Kaspersky products for about 10 years and surely they are mis treating brand loyalty by requiring a premium cost for returning customers. 

Or, according to Kaspersky’s own web site I can get the same product as a new purchase with a one year licence for only £29.99 with a suggested 40% first year discount.   It’s seems a punishment for loyal customers.   If I purchased a new product like this instead of renewing my licence could it be installed and if so how.