Remove Kaspersky Context Menu on Desktop

vajar107
Go to solution Solved by Berny,

Kaspersky Free 21.9.6.465

I have just updated Kaspersky Free from Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, I noticed that when right click context menu on desktop and inside folders select "show more options," there is Kaspersky icon with a right arrow next to it. However, when I click on it, nothing happens. How can I remove it from context menu?

Screenshot_1.jpg

@Berny @vajar107 and @durden

Not tested in Windows 11, but as a temporary solution, try ShellExview by Nirsoft. It's a free application allowing you to disable context menu items. I use it on Windows 10 to hide the same Kaspersky context menu.

It doesn't mention Windows 11 support, but I'm aware of others who have used it to hide other context menu items in Windows 11.

It's a simply toggle, so once Kaspersky have rectified the issue, the menu can be re-enabled.

Kaspersky's context menu appears in the software as Scan with Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Highlight, then choose disable to hide.

On 3/30/2023 at 4:23 AM, Thoughts said:

Not tested in Windows 11, but as a temporary solution, try ShellExview by Nirsoft. It's a free application allowing you to disable context menu items. I use it on Windows 10 to hide the same Kaspersky context menu.

It doesn't mention Windows 11 support, but I'm aware of others who have used it to hide other context menu items in Windows 11.

It's a simply toggle, so once Kaspersky have rectified the issue, the menu can be re-enabled.

Kaspersky's context menu appears in the software as Scan with Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Highlight, then choose disable to hide.

On 3/30/2023 at 8:48 AM, Berny said:

@Thoughts

If “ShellExview” by Nirsoft doesn’t work on W11 here is another option :

Run CCleaner :

Tools > Startup > Context Menu > Disable/Enable "ShellEx.dll" + reboot

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky 21.9\shellex.dll”

doesn't seem to work either, tried shellexview disabled all keys containing "kaspersky" and reboot, still shows up, same with ccleaner.
I guess I'll wait for the fix, as it's known issue

thanks for your suggestions

vajar107

If it's of any help, below is how the Kaspersky context menu entry appears within ShellExView, in Windows 10. It's only a single entry, ignore the Kaspersky crypto line above. Disabling the Scan with... line, hides the entire context menu. But as mentioned this is Windows 10 not 11.

ShellExView Kaspersky Entry.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 3/29/2023 at 10:23 PM, Thoughts said:

I tried this earlier in the year and it worked. Kaspersky Free updated to version 21.15.8.493 today however and it no longer removes the context entry. The method below using CC Cleaner doesn't seem to work either.

Is anyone aware of a working up to date fix?

Edited by tbcam88