Removal of Kaspersky Internet Security [Solved] [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by richbuff,

Hi, I have had Kaspersky Internet Security for about 2 years now on my windows 7 laptop without any problems at all. I have recently purchased a windows 10 laptop so I requested a download for my new computer as I had 3 devices on my account. Maybe I should have checked to see if it was compatible first as it caused a few problems with my new computer. The internet kept dropping out and the computer froze when I tried to fix the internet connection. I was advised to remove Kaspersky, so I did. I first went to Control Panel-programs-uninstall Kaspersky. It ran for a short time then came to a stop, I tried this action again only for a window saying "this action is only valid for products that are currently installed. I went to C drive-program -filesx86, found Kaspersky went to delete, another window saying can't be completed because folder is open in another program, I don't know where this folder would be. Kaspersky is still on my computer somewhere but I don't know where to look now. My internet stays on, however the signal continues to drop and go up again. My laptop doesn't freeze anymore which is good, but obviously Kaspersky is still here, but where?

Welcome. There is a special Kaspersky removal Tool, but because it can have side effects, I do not personally instruct its use, until I see preliminary logs first. That leaves two courses of action. One is to post your GetSystemInfo report here, so forum users can help, and the other is to Contact Tech Support. 1. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions: https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632 Please upload the GetSystemInfo zip folder that is inside the larger GSI zip to the GSI parser site http://www.getsysteminfo.com/ and post the url to the parsed report here, in your next post. 2. Please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/ Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request: a. Description of the issue. b. Screenshot, as needed.

Hi richbuff, Thank you so much for your reply. I am a senior and having trouble understanding most computer technical things. I will have a go at providing the information you require but it sounds very complicated to me, I just wish I had looked to see if the Kaspersky Internet Security was compatible to my new windows 10!

Hello richbuff I had a lot of problems with the computer freezing and the wi fi dropping out so I thought there must be another problem somewhere. I engaged a computer technician to have a look, he completely uninstalled Kaspersky, and reinstalled it which was great as the computer worked better after that. However, I still couldn't activate the new download , Kaspersky Lab told me I have used all my 3 device keys but I had only used 1 previously on my old computer. They informed me that the original Kaspersky Internet Security I purchased back in 2018 was a pirated download and that they sold the other two device keys! I don't think I will buy such things from eBay again, I had no idea that was the case. Anyway you live and learn don't you? I appreciate your offer of help very much, my computer is working well now and Kaspersky Internet Security is up and running as I went to the Kaspersky online shop to purchase a new activation. Thank you again Kind regards Deborah Laing.:relaxed: