"Reminder" versus "Advertisement"

I understand from this post that it’s already been explained the difference between advertisements and reminders: https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-free-for-windows-72/still-getting-upgrade-your-package-even-though-it-is-disabled-14749#

But I just received this twice in an hour… I understand that I may see some of these during the trial (not after trial ends). 

I just want to voice that if Kaspersky truly intends to honour its words below, then it should be more common sense about these “reminders” and consider them as “promotional material” or “advertisements”, similar to the previous person’s post. Otherwise Kaspersky through the “Secure your online payments” popups does not recognize “users with basic needs only” and tries to get them to pay for something they don’t need, and does these “definitions” tactics in order to sneak in program reminders as a way to promote into paid products……….. Going into the unethical but totally legal territory. I’m happy to switch to Windows Defender - just think Kaspersky is a cooler AV application but if it is going to be spam like Avast then good day.

https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/free-antivirus/20568/

Hello @Basic user

Welcome!

(ioo), it’s not unreasonable to receive ‘some’ promotional material during the use of Kaspersky’s TRIAL & Free software, however, just as a matter of interest (we’re don’t have time to uninstall our premium software & install premium trial on any of our machines to test)… Has the following been done:

1. Open the Kaspersky app.
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select Interface
  4. UNCHECK  both  Promotional options:
  • Show information about special offers check box if you want to receive the best offers when visiting Kaspersky websites.
  • Receive informational messages and advertisements after the current license expires check box if you want to receive notifications about security news from Kaspersky after your license or subscription expires.  

SHUTDOWN the machine using SHUTDOWN, not restart, power on, login, make sure Kaspersky Security Cloud Trial is active, monitor → any difference? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Yes both are checked and computer recently shutdown AND restarted - but why should that make difference? Doesn’t the software know how often it has bugged me?

Anyway, I will see how long I can tolerate/accept it during this trial and after. Most users I think do not read between the lines and would just assume once these boxes are unchecked, there should be no ads of any kind. If Kaspersky made the wording more clear to indicate there will ALWAYS be some advertisement in the free version (during trial AND after) (such as in the greyed text), then I wouldn’t be confused just as the previous posting user (or do you suggest I read the long user agreements instead of relying on the supposedly clear to read check boxes). I’m just sharing my user experience feedback/perspective. Thanks for your time.