recurring .NET error

Jopa66
Go to solution Solved by Jopa66,

Hello @Jopa66

Welcome!

Please share with us: 

1. OS version & build
  2. Kaspersky Free full version & patch(x), x = letter, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  3. An image of the "abandoned icon"? 
  4. Are there any related errors/events in Kaspersky Reports
  5. Have you tried uninstalling Kav Free, saving License information only, & doing a clean install - note, before doing this please check a new installer is available to download

Please let us know? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Resource:

Read before you create a new topic!

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Hello... sorry, was away in hospital for a couple of days.

1. OS - Windows 7 Home Premium SP-1

2. Kaspersky Free v.21.6.7.351

3. N/A - after incident there are two Kaspersky icons in system tray. Pointing with mouse, one will disappear.

4. See attached log

5. Not yet. This version was an auto update about a week ago.

OK. This is getting quite frustrating. Was hoping to get some kind of help in these forums but, as no one has replied back I seem to be on my own.

@Flood and Flood's wife

5. Have you tried uninstalling Kav Free, saving License information only, & doing a clean install - note, before doing this please check a new installer is available to download

1. Uninstalled the app after downloading new installer. NOTE: new installer is version 21.3 which is what I had before the automatic update to v.21.6

2. downloaded and ran KAV removal tool. kavremvr.exe

3. Downloaded and ran Kaspersky Virus removal tool. KVRT.exe

4. Rebooted system as required but installation fails. I now have no Antivirus protection.

5. I can revert back to Macrium daily backup which will at least give me back protection until I decide on a new AV solution. I prefer to stay with Kaspersky. I would appreciate any help you can offer.

inst_error.png

Hello @Jopa66

Thank you for posting back!

You're not on your own, however, all who participate here in the Community, do so on a voluntary basis (apart from Kaspersky staff) & no-one is online 24hrs a day, 

It appears Kaspersky has begun a partial, staggered distribution, that's the reason we advised checking the v.21.6 installer was available for download, before removing the new installation. 

1. Regarding the new 1606 error, before you did any of the procedures you've listed, did you create a System restore point
  2. Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files, please let us know the outcome?  

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Thanks for getting back.

Did not create a system Restore Point. I prefer Macrium nightly system backups.

Just did system restore from last night's backup. Will run System file checker and get back. I am back to v21.6

Browsing nightly backups, I would need to go back to July 3 or 4 to get v21.3 back. Don't think I want to do that.

@Flood and Flood's wife

Ran chkdsk  then SFC after reboot. Attached file is SFC report. CBS log is quite large and quite confusing. Can upload if you like.

@Berny

Original post has the most common error I'm seeing. It comes randomly - possibly when the app updates the defs. There was maybe one other error which I did not capture. Do you know a tool to test .NET framework?

@Anton Mefodys

Yes. Good suggestion. For now, I'll wait and see if SFC may have solved the original .NET error issue. If I do have to re-install, I will try to go this route but it means going back to v21.3

SFC.png

• Like 1

Hello again. I am cautiously optimistic. Have not received any error messages after yesterday's barrage of "fixes". I still have the new v21.6 Will post again if any more issues. Thanks to everyone who offered assistance.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I found this somewhere:

Please examine the web.config file and look for the following line:
<identity impersonate="true" username="youruserid" password="yourpassword">
If you find the line, please remove the username and password parameters. You can also try to comment out the line.
Next, disable any antivirus/security software activity over the “Temporary ASP .NET Files” folders .C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v?.?.?????\Temporary ASP.NET Files".

Check with this,
John

On 8/6/2022 at 3:05 AM, Jimmywick said:

I found this somewhere:

Please examine the web.config file and look for the following line:
<identity impersonate="true" username="youruserid" password="yourpassword">
If you find the line, please remove the username and password parameters. You can also try to comment out the line.
Next, disable any antivirus/security software activity over the “Temporary ASP .NET Files” folders .C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v?.?.?????\Temporary ASP.NET Files".

Check with this,
John

Hello again. Unfortunately my issue is still not solved. A google search led me to suspect video card drivers. Was using unsupported beta drivers but changed back to the latest official drivers for this older system.

@Jimmywick  A search of my system gives two "Temporary ASP.NET Files" folders, both are empty. There are many different web.config files. The only ones containing the strings "username"  or "password" are files called "web.config.comments". Each of them contains this section:

<!--
            <identity
                impersonate = "false" [true|false]
                userName = "" [String]
                password = "" [String]
            />
        -->
        <identity impersonate="false" userName="" password="" />
        <!--
            <machineKey
                validationKey = "AutoGenerate,IsolateApps" [String]
                decryptionKey = "AutoGenerate,IsolateApps" [String]
                decryption = "Auto" [AUTO | DES | 3DES | AES]
                validation = "SHA1" [MD5 | SHA1 | 3DES | AES]
            />
        -->

In spite of these error messages Kaspersky still works fine. It's like the program momentarily crashes then restarts itself. It is however very annoying.

KAV_error.png

KAV_error 2.png

On 8/13/2022 at 2:34 PM, andrew75 said:

I don't think they will discuss problems in windows 7

@Jopa66, try reinstalling .NET Framework 4.*

Thanks, reinstalled .NET Framework 4 today as you suggested. But less than 30 mins. ago, another pop up window appeared. I confirm that THIS window  was during the automatic updates of the AV. If you'll notice, the parameters are always the same. What changes is the title bar of the window. The previous version 21.3 would sometimes give an error but, at least it offered to analyze the system and send an error report back to Kaspersky. I always sent these reports. This new version gives many more errors with no option to report them.

KAV_error 4.png

• Like 1

It seems that v21.6 is now available to download. I am wary of going this route because of the installation error I referred to earlier in this thread. My thoughts are to use the KAV Removal tool and try again. Any thoughts if this should be the next step?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jopa66 said:

It seems that v21.6 is now available to download. I am wary of going this route because of the installation error I referred to earlier in this thread. My thoughts are to use the KAV Removal tool and try again. Any thoughts if this should be the next step?

Hello @Jopa66

Welcome back!

Thank you for the extra information!

1. Just as *general* advice, (abefore doing any changes, always create a restore point; (b) don't use KAVREMOVER before trying a standard complete uninstall = do not check *any* check boxes; leave all check boxes blank.
  2. Which version is currently installed? IF it's v21.6, don't do another install of v21.6; v21.7 is rolling out for certain regions, it may be better to wait - which region are you in?
  3. Did you try creating a new Admin acc, as suggested by @Anton Mefodys? IF "yes", what was the result? 
  4. In Windows Event viewer, are you able to copy the extended detail of the error shown in the screen print you've posted; paste it to a txt file, & share it here or upload to cloud & post a share link please? 

Please let us know?

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Added a question for the System error image

14 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Jopa66

Welcome back!

Thank you for the extra information!

1. Just as *general* advice, (abefore doing any changes, always create a restore point; (b) don't use KAVREMOVER before trying a standard complete uninstall = do not check *any* check boxes; leave all check boxes blank.
  2. Which version is currently installed? IF it's v21.6, don't do another install of v21.6; v21.7 is rolling out for certain regions, it may be better to wait - which region are you in?
  3. Did you try creating a new Admin acc, as suggested by @Anton Mefodys? IF "yes", what was the result? 
  4. In Windows Event viewer, are you able to copy the extended detail of the error shown in the screen print you've posted; paste it to a txt file, & share it here or upload to cloud & post a share link please? 

Please let us know?

Thank you?

Flood?+?

1. Advice acknowledged.

2. I do have v21.6, willing to wait for v21.7 as the AV does work despite the errors. Not sure how Kaspersky determines regions - I am in Canada, Eastern Time Zone.

3. I do have the new Admin account but have not used it yet. Reserving this for new installation if current account fails. Error popups don't seem to be profile related.

4. This is all I can find.

==================================================
Event Time        : 08/14/22 08:54:36.000 PM
Record ID         : 417589
Event ID          : 1023
Level             : Error
Channel           : Application
Provider          : .NET Runtime
Description       : Application: avpui.exe
CoreCLR Version: 5.0.1021.41214
.NET Version: 5.0.10
Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 6AC5EE4A (6AAC0000) with exit code c0000005.

Opcode            :
Task              :
Keywords          : Classic
Process ID        :
Thread ID         :
Computer          : Johns-PC
User              :
Log File          :

Application: avpui.exe
CoreCLR Version: 5.0.1021.41214
.NET Version: 5.0.10
Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 65E8EE4A (65CF0000) with exit code c0000005.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1023</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-08-15T00:54:36.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>417589</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>Johns-PC</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Application: avpui.exe CoreCLR Version: 5.0.1021.41214 .NET Version: 5.0.10 Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 6AC5EE4A (6AAC0000) with exit code c0000005.</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Is there a way to download v21.7 now?

Image 001.png

Edited by Jopa66
more info