Recommendation to install Kaspersky Password Manager - Ignoring this message. [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello! I noticed that my KIS got a version update on last couple of days from 20.0.14.1085(b) to 20.0.14.1085(c) and I believe that this update brought the Kaspersky Password Manager into KIS, as a new recommendation appeared in my application asking me to install the Password Manager. My question is simple: how can I ignore the Password Manager recommendation, just like I did with "Kaspersky Secure Connection" and "Kaspersky Safe Kids"? I don't want to use the Password Manager and I also don't want this notification trying to make me install the product. I just want to keep my recommendations clear for relevant security notifications.

KISupdate to 20.0.14.1085(c) KasperskyPassword Manager recommendation. How can I ignore the Password Manager recommendation. I don't want to use the Password Manager and I also don't want this notification trying to make me install the product. I just want to keep my recommendations clear for relevant security notifications.
Hello crisoliv, Welcome! May I ask, is the KIS licensed or free? The free software does "include" advertising?
  1. Uninstall KPM via Windows "add & remove programs"
&
  1. In KIS application, "Notification settings", untick "Promotional materials"
  1. After uninstalling KPM & setting the notifications as you wish please shutdown the computer using "shutdown".
  2. Press power button to restart, login, make sure KIS is active and monitor for the ads.
If the issue is not resolved please let us know?
  1. &, if you don't mind please, could you post an image of the notification please I've not seen this particular notification, (imo) it might be a new (unwelcome) "feature" Kaspersky has "introduced".
Many thanks:pray_tone3:

Hi FLOOD! Thanks for your reply There we go. Some images:
Hello crisoliv, Thanks so much for posting back, the information, and the images, much appreciated:pray_tone3: Now, I totally know which "recommendation" you're referring to, and yes, it makes no sense that an "ignore" option is not available, as it is with KSK & KSC. My earlier instructions will not help with this. I've logged it with the Lab and will update you with their responses. Thanks for raising it. Best regards.

This is super annoying, as it looks like there is something to deal with, like detected malware, but it's only a recommendation. I'm already using some other password manager and have absolutely no need or wish to use anything else. I don't care if product is free or not, everything else could be ignored, just not this for some silly reason. EDIT: Oh god, now it's also showing stupid recommendation for some backup thing. Nope.Nope. Nope. This crap is flying of my system. I didn't mind limitations in KFA, but this is unbearably irritating.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the Kaspersky kids notificacion and the ghost icon too, pretty annoying. Feels like spam.
Hello Psikofunkster Welcome! Can you please post: an image of: (a) Kaspersky Kids notification (b) "ghost" icon & please tell us:
  1. Operating system name? version? build?
  2. KIS version? patch(x)? x = letter?
  3. KIS - free or licensed? (the reason we ask this is: free version has limitations and advertising, knowing this information helps us analyse each reported issue and provide specific guidance).
Thank you:pray_tone3:

Hello Psikofunkster, Thanks for posting back and the information. (1) Using Windows "search ? " type in winver, please post back Windows 10 version? & build? (2) Are the Kaspersky Kids "notification" & "ghost icon" the same thing? (2a) IF "no", please post an image of the KSK "notification"? (2b) "Protección para niños" is an inbuilt module, (imo) it will not be possible to configure KIS to hide the 'tools" available on KIS application main window, however, I understand your perspective. (2c) If you can show me the "notification", I'll be able to check if, by having an "ignore" option and selecting "ignore" (if it were available), would "hide" "Protección para niños" module on KIS application main window). --- Re: images, may we have the full screen/image please? ---
  1. Re "Anti-banner", KIS keeps (us) safe from malicious websites using several different mechanisms, Kaspersky Protection extension, in browsers, is one tool.
  2. Re "Anti-banner", KIS keeps (us) safe from malicious websites using several different mechanisms, Kaspersky Protection extension, in browsers, is one tool.
  3. IF, you trust the "dangerous" site, you can create an "exclusion, however, the other KIS tools may continue to block in an effort to keep you safe.
(3) Can you go to KIS REPORTS, find the "dangerous sites" events, select 24 hrs or 7days, export the report, save as a .txt file, upload the .txt file using the "upload" icon, in your reply please? Note: please don't copy any of the '"dangerous / malicious" urls, direct to your post please. Please post back? Many thanks:pray_tone3: About Kaspersky Internet Security Checking a website for safety Protecting personal data on the Internet About Private Browsing

1) Version 1903 (Compilation SO 18362.295) 2) Yes for the matter + the password manager recommendation too = 2 recommendations. 2c) Yes, i can ignore the kids one however it still appers as a ghost module (like the image i posted). IF, you trust the "dangerous" site, you can create an "exclusion, however, the other KIS tools may continue to block in an effort to keep you safe. and that is new in KIS 2020? cause KIS 2019 worked different. i could disable the antibanner pluging on an specific browser and still enter the "dangerous" site. As i mentioned before feels like bloatware, pretty annoying...

Hello Psikofunkster, Thanks for posting back. 2 - KSK "recommendation" which does have an "ignore" option & KPM, which does not have an "ignore" option - is that correct? (2c), if KSK "ignore" option is available & works to "ignore" the recommendation then that doesn't fall into the scope of this topic - which is "recommendations" that do not have "ignore" option available. (2b) = KSK "ghost" module, that's how the full product is shipped, (imo) Kaspersky will not change & will reject any proposal to remove or make it a "configurable" option. I could very well be incorrect:thinking:
  1. You may wish to submit a "I have a suggestion" or "I have a complaint" request, and seek a review...
--- I must need new gla?es, I didn't see the KSK screen image you posted when I read your reply - so I don't have to "manually" translate everything on that screen, please tell me, on that screen, there is no "ignore" option, but, in KIS "Notifications", there is an "ignore" option? Is that correct please? --- Just as an aside Kaspersky Security Cloud (Personal) 2020 has no KSK , Kaspersky Security Cloud (Family) 2020 does, begs the question, does Kasperksy "think", all those who buy KSC-Personal are child free? --- Re "dangerous" sites, to assist with that I really need the report please? Best regards

• 2 weeks later...
I have Kaspersky Security Cloud Free v20.0.14.1085(c)...... just installed it today (was using Kaspersky Antivirus Free v19 and decided to "upgrade" to the new offering. I kind of wish I hadn't now... I completely agree about the annoying "recommendation" about Password manager. It keeps making me think there is an issue I have not looked into and you should be allowed to "ignore" just like secure connection. I am sure this is just a small oversight from the developers and will be fixed before too long??? Maybe i'm being a bit too hopeful. Here is what it looks like for me and you can see I have also already unticked the advertising tick boxes to minimise those but that has no effect. Paul

I have Kaspersky Security Cloud Free v20.0.14.1085(c), (was using Kaspersky Antivirus Free v19 I completely agree about the annoying "recommendation" about Password manager. It keeps making me think there is an issue I have not looked into and you should be allowed to "ignore" just like secure connection. I am sure this is just a small oversight from the developers and will be fixed before too long? Maybe i'm being a bit too hopeful.
Hello smipx / Paul, Welcome! The lab is exploring the addition of an ignore option for all notifications. Atm "ignore": is only available to some notifications. & yes, it's driving many Kaspersky Customers crazy! We must be patient:pray_tone3:. Also, you have "Notify about events" ticked, if "Notify about events" is unticked, KSC will still send IMPORTANT notifications, reduces, some of the "annoying" notifications. Best regards.

Hi Flood, Thanks for the heads up on that. WRT the "Notify about events" option. If this is unticked what are the typical notifications that would be suppressed? I already notice that on occasion some PUP notifications are already not "popped up" e.g. when the scanner discovers a program such as "Process Hacker" on one of my memory sticks I don't get notified until I actually go into the interface of Kaspersky and then I see it under the details section. I am wondering if this is because I have some things in my exclusions ("Process Hacker" is one such item) but if that were the case I would not expect to hear anything at all about it - period. Cheers, Paul

(1) WRT the "Notify about events" option. unticked what are the typical notifications that would be suppressed?---- (2) I already notice that on occasion some PUP notifications are already not "popped up" e.g. when the scanner discovers a program such as "Process Hacker" on one of my memory sticks I don't get notified until I actually go into the interface of Kaspersky and then I see it under the details section. I am wondering if this is because I have some things in my exclusions ("Process Hacker" is one such item) but if that were the case I would not expect to hear anything at all about it - period.
Hello smipx / Paul, You're welcome:ok_hand_tone4: What "typical" notifications would be suppressed, hmmm, Kaspersky doco states: "Kaspersky Security Cloud does not notify you of events that occur during its operation, but logs information about them in a report", however, that's not exactly correct, to demonstrate, notifications ON/OFF, I used a TEST file:
  1. Notifications ON
  1. Notifications OFF

Hello smipx / Paul, again:wink: Re: ProcessHacker, I downloaded, installed and ran: KSC: No issues KSN: Unknown KAA: Unknown https://whitelisting.kaspersky.com/advisor#search/B365AF317AE730A67C936F21432B9C71 ---- I'm unsure why (your) KSC would spit chips, unless,( I did notice), during the install, one option (marked - not recommended) granting total access, if, during the original installation, (you) granted that, maybe, that would be an issue for KSC. If you wished, you could test, remove the exclusion, see how your KSC behaves... ? Re: WRT❓:wink:, I'll add some finer detail in the next 48hrs. Re: PUP(s), need KSC Report (exported & uploaded) to answer that one! Best regards

Hi, Yes it is odd. Seems to me that the Kaspersky is an excellent antivirus with a nearly perfect detection rate but the notifications handling could do with a bit of fine tuning to get them as good (and unconfusing) as the detection engine. Thanks for all the help Paul

ps WRT simply is an abbreviation meaning "With Respect to"............ WRT Kaspersky's engine = With respect to Kaspersky's engine or (With regards to Kaspersky's engine) :-) Paul

notifications handling could do with a bit of fine tuning to get them as good (and unconfusing) as the detection engine. Thanks for all the help. Paul
You're very welcome smipx / Paul:pray_tone3: Please let me know what how Kaspersky behaves when you remove the exclusion for ProcessHacker? I'm keen to see what the issue is? & post the PUP info anytime you like, I'll followup for you. Best regards.