Quickbooks Firewall settings. The only way i can get multi user to work is to shut off the Firewall.

Go to solution Solved by harlan4096,

Has anyone successfully setup the K Firewall to allow multi user access on Quickbooks Desktop Premier 2020?  i have added virtually all Quickbooks executables as exceptions to the Firewall, but the only way i can get multi user to work is to shut off the Firewall.  Any help appreciated.

Hello @gfinney,

Welcome!

1. Are there errors when Quickbooks Desktop Premier 2020 “multi user” is used? 
  2. May we have images of the problem please? 
  3. Have any File Anti-Virus exceptions been added?
  4. Are there any Quickbooks events logged in KSOS Reports? If “yes” may we have a copy of the Report please?
  5. Which KSOS version is installed? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi Flood, 

1. Are there errors when Quickbooks Desktop Premier 2020 “multi user” is used? Only if Kaspersky is on
  2. May we have images of the problem please? see below
  3. Have any File Anti-Virus exceptions been added? yes, i added the Quickbooks2020.exe as an application exception
  4. Are there any Quickbooks events logged in KSOS Reports? If “yes” may we have a copy of the Report please?  I dont see any report to show me this.
  5. Which KSOS version is installed? 7

Kaspersky is shut down on the server/host.  I can successfully login to Quickbooks.

With KSOS 7 turned on, i get this:

@harlan4096 Before I followed your instructions, I thought I should test it again, and it worked!!  The only change I made in KSOS was to switch my network from Public to Trusted.  Thanks all for your help.  Fingers crossed i won’t need to come back.

• 6 months later...