Protected website crashes computer [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Berny,

When I try to open https_://www.g2a.com in my browser, it launches the protected browser and then the screen freezes and I have to reboot the computer.  This is replicable and has happened 4 times in a row.  I have a computer that’s 2 months old, i7-8565U and i don’t know either how to turn Kaspersky off to go on that site or why it’s happening … any thoughts?

I’ve tried to use the site for 10 minutes continuously and then it crashed again.  When the computer loads up again I tried opening it and it crashes again.  I can continuously empty the browser cache, but is this really the best it can be?  Is there anyway I can turn off Kaspersky for this website as I trust it and don’t want it crashing my computer each time?

Thank you!

As instructed, I cleared the browser cache and still, when opening a protected browser within 10 to 20 seconds it freezes the computer and restarts it automatically. I tried with a different browser, its the same issue. Can you please provide the right fix for it?

Hello  @Kothan,

Welcome!

1. (If the operating system is Windows) run in SafeMode with Networking & test the  “freezes the computer and restarts it automatically” issue ?
  2. Also, have you recently updated any software? If “yes”, please provide information for the following:
  3. Have you recently performed any KIS software compatibility checks?
  4. Is the “freezes the computer and restarts it automatically” issue new or has always happened? 
  5. What is the System Default browser?
  6. What is the KIS Default browser? 
  7. Is any Beta software being used?
  8. What Virtual Environments are enabled/installed? 
  9. Please provide GSI & Windows Logs, upload the .zip folder to cloud & PM the link please? 
  10. Have you raised the issues with Kaspersky Lab Technical Support? 

Thank you. 

My computer was freezing every time I used the Safe Mode.  After reading this thread, I cleared my cache and it worked the next time I was in the Safe Mode.  My computer froze when  I used Safe Mode the next day.  My question is: do I have to clear my cache each and every time I want to use this Safe Mode  feature?

Hello  @KrisD,

Welcome!

• Resetting the browser every time you wish to use Safe Money is not normal
  • Does the issue happen irrespective of browser used? 

If you’re using KIS 20, please check:

1. Kaspersky Internet Security 20 System Requirements
  2. List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security 20
  3. Kaspersky Internet Security 20 release notes

If all check ok, please open a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, please include GSI & Windows Logs, Support may also request Traces, they will guide you with the collection of these.

& please let us know the outcome?

Thank you

KIS20 Library

Hi Berny - clearing the cache worked for that one site.  The next time I tried to use the protected browser, it crashed again.  I followed your recommendation on this thread to disable hardware acceleration but it crashed again.  I’m using Chrome.  Honestly I’m just going to turn off internet protection whilst it’s like this becuase I can’t do the things I need to do.  I hope you can find a solution quickly otherwise I’ll have to just go to another virus software.

I’ve been having this same issue for several weeks - sometimes when the protected browser opened the computer would freeze (not crash or bluescreen) and I would then need to hard power off to get it to reboot.  Was able to replicate this issue fairly easily.   Windows 10, i9 CPU, desktop with all the latest hardware (only about 4 months old).  Turning hardware virtualization off as was suggested did seem to stop the freezing, but I then started having issues with Paypal not returning back to the original purchasing site.  Very frustrating.  I’ve stopped using the protected Kaspersky browser until a fix is in place.