Prompted by Kaspersky's notification I should download an update to Java from their site. But the link takes me to a basketful of uploads.

Prompted by Kaspersky's notification I should download an update to Java from their site. But the link takes me to a basketful of uploads. How can I know what to download? Why cannot Kaspersky give us a direct link to what we need?!

Hello Dhagmara, Welcome! As well as the info from kmscom. (Normally) when Kaspersky application detects a software update is required, the software name and version is defined in the Kaspersky application.
  1. Can you go to Kaspersky REPORTS, select the period that shows report for Java, export the report & upload using the upload icon, in your reply please?
  2. Can you go to the actual update alert (from Kaspersky) select the option that redirects to the Java page that's an issue and post back the url for that page please?
Thanks. https://help.kaspersky.com/KIS/2020/en-US/152134.htm

Thanks for the instant reply, hugely appreciated, though it a bit misses my point. What I have meant to say is that any Kaspersky user expects this software to be helpful, guaranteeing not only their secure data transfer but also saving their time. You know what? Having a look at your no doubt very helpful explanations and tips (pls don't think I'm thankfuf for them!), I've given up on them, as it'd take too much of my time to plod thru' the procedure. I'll send you the url you ask for on this thread when it pops up again, as I wouldn't know how to find it now. Best. Dhagmara