Problems Installing Kaspersky VPN on Amazon Firestick

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

Ive been following various guides online about installing VPN on Fire Stick and manage to download the Kaspersky VPN App from places such as link deleted(moderation)  but everytime I hit install I get the message ‘X App Not Installed’.

About Firestick :

MR’s 2nd Fire TV Stick

Storage Capacity 1.81 GB of 5.94 GB

Software Ver. Fire OS 5.2.7.2 (648594820)

Fire TV Home Version : 6.1.7.1 -005

Kaspersky graphics appear on screen etc so file downloaded is defiantely Kaspersky related but always fails to install App.

Can someone please help?

Ive been following various guides online about installing VPN on Fire Stick and manage to download the Kaspersky VPN App from places such as  link deleted(moderation) but every time I hit install I get the message ‘X App Not Installed’.

About Firestick :

MR’s 2nd Fire TV Stick

Storage Capacity 1.81 GB of 5.94 GB

Software Ver. Fire OS 5.2.7.2 (648594820)

Fire TV Home Version : 6.1.7.1 -005

Kaspersky graphics appear on screen etc so file downloaded is defiantely Kaspersky related but always fails to install App.

Can someone please help?

Hello @NeilyWales

Welcome!

Amazon Firestick is not supported, read: 

Kaspersky, VPN Secure Connection for Android, Hardware and software requirements

You may be able to download the software, but, that’s irrelevant, if the OS is  incompatible. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thank you Flood. Until Kaspersky develop a compatible VPN / Fire Stick product (please) is there a suitable free version that can be recommended? I can’t afford to spend more money again. Many thanks.

Hello @NeilyWales

You’re most welcome☺ !

Do you mean “a suitable free version compatible with Amazon Firestick” from another VPN/software provider? IF “yes”, Community rules precludes any discussion about alternatives:

Reference: The following are considered to be violations of the Kaspersky Community rules

Publication of links or software from third-party vendors of information security products, or their use when resolving issues (if Kaspersky Lab has already developed similar products).

We already get in trouble easily on our own, we’re sure you would not like for us to get in trouble on your behalf😅

Perhaps contact Amazon Firestick Support, or the Amazon Firestick Community. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 4 months later...
  • Solution

Hi All!

We have good news:

The ability to connect routers and other devices to Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection

Consumers can protect their home Wi-Fi network by plugging-in routers via Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection. This feature is also available for any device that supports a built-in or standard OpenVPN® client. If a user links a router to Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection, all devices connected to this router will be protected. 

Moreover, users have the opportunity to plug-in devices and operating systems (OS) via OpenVPN to Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection that aren’t currently supported by the product directly. This includes Linux®, Chromebook, FireTV and AndroidTV, among others. 

This feature is available for premium users. You can get the settings through your My Kaspersky account → Secure connection tab.