Possible virus disguised as Kaspersky offer? [Closed]

DrTone

Please be aware today I received what looks like an offer from Kaspersky for a free upgrade.  There is no clear proof that it is legitimate and does not appear in my Kaspersky Internet Security dashboard.  If you receive this popup I suggest you do not install until there is some clear formal acknowledgement through a legitimate Kaspersky channel clarifying whether or not this is a legitimate offer and not a disguised virus.

Hello   @DrTone,

Thank you for replying🙏

The notification you’ve received is a legitimate Kaspersky notification, KIS20 is out. 

Another check: New applications versions:

• Download and install new versions automatically. The new version of the application is downloaded automatically. Your confirmation is required to install the new version of the application.
  • Do not download new versions automatically and do not notify me when new versions are available. Kaspersky Internet Security does not automatically download the new version of the application and does not notify you of its availability. When you become aware of release of a new application version, you can download and install it manually.

🛑 If you decide to upgrade, please perform a software compatibility check first🛑

KIS Patches A – F for version 20.0.14.1085 Release notes

Vulnerability Report: List of Advisories

Thank you.

Ok, thank you for confirming.  Unusual that they choose to make the offer popup look dodgy as if it’s some sort of virus.  Why not simply put it in the update section of the program’s dashboard?  Very odd for an internet security company to make it appear untrustworthy.  It’s their choice I suppose.  Anyway, thanks for the clarification.