Personal data transfer control on KIS 2020

Hello @kasperskymember

Welcome!

Correct, Kaspersky replaced the Kaspersky Parental Control product, with Kaspersky Safe Kids, in doing so, some features were removed🤐

🅰 It’s still possible to use Kaspersky Parental Control with KIS 2020, to do this, these guidelines apply: 

• KIS 2020 must be installed over KIS19 = in-place upgrade. 
  • At the time of the upgrade, KIS19 must have Parental Control enabled. 

🅱 Regarding the query “Using KSK, where can I find “Personal data transfer control, so that I can block personal data to third parties?”

1. To help me understand, is this for blocking for Social Media?
  2. To enable me to work out a solution, may I have some examples please?

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

hi,

many thanks for the reply…

but, i don’t understood the second of your reply- ‘’

Regarding the query “Using KSK, where can I find “Personal data transfer control, so that I can block personal data to third parties?”

1. To help me understand, is this for blocking for Social Media?
  2. To enable me to work out a solution, may I have some examples please?”

what you mean in this section?

many thanks again.

Hello @kasperskymember

You’re very welcome!

1. Is your query about the new Kaspersky Safe Kids & “blocking personal data to third parties” using Kaspersky Safe Kids
  2. If “yes”, is the “blocking personal data to third parties”  when your child is using Social media or something else? 
  • Please let me know as much detail as possible, so I can work out the best solution please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

ok. i will try to explain you my mean: 

i need the parental control. and this is because i’m really need the function of blocking KEYWORDS,

and really Unfortunately, in ANY filter web, i don’t found such function. only in the “blocking personal data to third parties”

a lot of the blocking software and also in the safe kids, i can only to add whole sites to the black or white list, but not adding keywords that will be block in the, for example, google search. the safe mode in the google sites, its not enough and i need to add also a few words that will cannot be able to type in the google, bing and etc.

so, after a few YEARS (!) of search, i found this tool in parental control - in the last year, and, again, Unfortunately - even kaspersky removed this function, and from now, i don’t know what to do, 🙁

i don’t understand why almost all of the filtering and blocking programs, dont not give also this important tool - the keywords!

maybe you know something???

i’m really want to thank you!! 

Hello @kasperskymember

I’m very happy to help you!

Thank you for the explanation, I understand exactly the problem👌 .

• Unfortunately, blocking KEYWORDS, which was an excellent feature in Kaspersky Internet Security 19/Parental Control, is not a feature of Kaspersky Safe Kids. 
  • To continue to use Kaspersky Internet Security/Parental Control, blocking KEYWORDS, you must first uninstall KIS20, install KIS19, enable Parental Control, then re-install KIS20 over the top of KIS19… 
  • For KIS19, go to Kaspersky Lab products, select KIS2019, version 19.0.0.1088, language English (or another Language if necessary), Country, select Global:

It’s very important to ensure all the KIS19 Parental Control features are enabled and configured, before reinstalling KIS20, otherwise the reinstall will not keep the KIS19 settings

Please post back if I can be of further assistance?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @kasperskymember

You’re very welcome👌 !

I was very unhappy when Kaspersky decided not to incorporate KEYWORD blocking in the new product: Kaspersky Safe Kids. 

They’ve never provided a satisfactory explanation, imo, it was a dumb decision to discontinue such a valuable tool. 

Regarding “what will happen in the future?”, this is what they wrote: 

quote:

From: Kaspersky Lab Support, Sent: Monday, 2 March 2020 13:31

When the 2020 version is installed over the 2019 version which has PC enabled, the feature shall be available in the 2020 version. If PC is not enabled when performing the in-place upgrade, then the feature will not be available in the 2020 version.

The install-over option works only when installing over a version that is 1 version behind. Therefore, when upgrading to a newer version that is 2 version or more, there is a need to uninstall the old version first before installing the new one.

We shall check with the escalation team to see if there is any information about availability of Parental Control in 2021 version and beyond. 

end quote

I will certainly update your Topic @kasperskymember, when they provide an update. 

Unfortunately, I’m not aware of other products that have Content Control, Keyword blocking. If I hear of any I will send you a message. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @kasperskymember

It’s been my pleasure to assist😊

In Chrome Webstore, there's an extension: Site Blocker, that has a Word / Content filter, however, if your child/children know how to access extensions & or enable/disable extensions, they may easily change the extension, as there's no way to lock the Chrome browser to stop changes.

Also, in the Chrome browser, go to: google.com, at the very bottom of the page, select Settings, in the Search Settings window, make sure SafeSearch is ON and select Lock SafeSearch

Again, if the child/children are "industrious", they may change these settings once they find them😞 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 1 month later...

Hello @ameerchantry,

Welcome!

• I agree, Content control/Keyword filtering, was & is a very important feature & should not have been discarded, unfortunately it has been🤐 . 
  • If you feel strongly about it, please raise a request via Kaspersky Technical Support, tell them what you like & why, sometimes they listen. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, nomally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • If they do provide feedback, please share it with the Community?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳