"PC Speed Up" pop-ups are unwanted and cannot be turned off in Kaspersky Plus (was Security Cloud).

Go to solution Solved by harlan4096,

Since Kaspersky on my PC's have started upgrading themselves from Security Cloud to Kaspersky Plus they have all started showing pop-ups relating to what appears to be a new feature, "PC Speed Up". This would be OK if I could turn that feature off (I don't particularly want it) or could permanently ignore the pop-ups (which I don't want at all).

Looking at the pop-up, we have "View" or "Remind me later". There is no option to have it stop bothering me and I've never seen it time out. Within the settings themselves, again, no option to turn this check / feature off.

If I allow Kaspersky to do what it wants here the pop-up goes away for a couple of days before coming back with apparently the same (or if not, very similar) issues. I am not convinced this feature works as intended but ignoring that it should at least have the option to turn it off.

Personally I find this moderately annoying (I didn't ask for it and cannot stop it) but I have elderly relatives on my multi-user plan who panic every time something like this happens unexpectedly.

Has anyone found out how to turn this off ? I've gone through all the settings I can find but this obscure form of repetative torture seems to have been baked in.

Annoying Kaspersky AlertWindow - no way to turn this off.png

Annoying Kaspersky AlertWindow.png

Edited by GOTO GOSUB
Typos.
  • Like 1