Pause versus exit

Sam Hobbs

What is the difference between pausing protection and exiting Kaspersky?

I am using Windows 10.

I tried searching and I think I found an article about pausing protection but now I cannot find it. When I search the knowledgebase for pause I get no results. I think I found the article when I used Google; the search engine in this site is probably not good enough.

I found How to off total security ? - Kaspersky Total Security - Kaspersky Support Forum that says we need to first pause then exit.

All the Kaspersky articles imply that we will be totally unprotected if we turn it off. I know (I think I know) that Windows will revert to its built-in protection. That is what I want to do; I want to temporarily use the protection provided by Microsoft.

3 hours ago, Sam Hobbs said:
  1. I tried searching and I think I found an article about pausing protection but now I cannot find it.
  2. I know (I think I know) that Windows will revert to its built-in protection.

Hello @Sam Hobbs

Welcome back!

1. This may be the article you're referring to: How to pause and resume computer protection. (ioo) it answers the questions you've raised; also, as far as we understand, exiting the app, without pausing, will not release resources, used by the app. 
  2. Correct.

Thank you?
Flood?+?

15 minutes ago, Sam Hobbs said:

Thank you. If you say that article does what I want to do then I believe you but the article itself does not make that clear.

Hello @Sam Hobbs

You're most welcome!

Unfortunately, that's Kaspersky documentation & that's all there is.

Reading your other topic, are we correct to assume you wish to pause Kaspersky, so you can create an exception/exclusion? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?