Patch E for Kaspersky Internet Security version 19.0.0.1088 was released on April 8, 2019. Update required restart

Go to solution Solved by murat5038,

FLOOD the icon will work, but there is no sound.
Hi Friend, yes we know the Red shield icon works, we acknowledged this earlier when Igor & Harlan helped out... The "sound" question was as a result of Harlan advising "try also IDKFA for pig sound, but it seems it will not work in W10..." Our question remains, as W7 is approaching EOL, will Kaspersky make the Pig squeal sound work for W10 systems.... ?

Richbuff has given us a good overview of the release strategy for patch e and Berny is keeping us in the picture but it would help me and possibly others in the U.K. if those in the U.K. subscribing to this thread . were to say when they receive it. One person will be enough. I ask this on the basis that for some reason I seemed to receive the automatic update to KIS 19 much later than others i.e. KIS 18 completely passed me by and I went from 2017 to 2019. While I have no reason to believe that I might be on the end of the queue this time, if I still have not got patch e several days after the first report of it arriving in the U.K. then I can then begin to make enquiries. Thanks mikethebike

In addition to the two posted replies located directly above this reply, Patches are released via automatic database updater over a period of a few days or so. This may occur in three waves over a period of a few days. The simplest thing is to ensure that the databases are updated daily, and then reboot and/or shut down and then start the computer daily. Extra information: The first wave is a proportionally small amount of people who receive the patch, then more people receive the patch on the second wave a few days later, then all the rest of the people get the patch on the final wave after yet another few days. There is no user-serviceable setting that indicates if your Kaspersky application will receive the new patch in the first or subsequent waves. That is determined by forces beyond the users settings. Extra extra information: Deep down inside the Kaspersky program files, there is a file that is pre-set for first or second or third wave.
Also, in addition to what Berny indicates in the post located above this post, Hello FLOOD: I merged your new topic, to this already pre-existing topic, which contains some hint of the situation:
Extra information: The first wave is a proportionally small amount of people who receive the patch, then more people receive the patch on the second wave a few days later, then all the rest of the people get the patch on the final wave after yet another few days. There is no user-serviceable setting that indicates if your Kaspersky application will receive the new patch in the first or subsequent waves. That is determined by forces beyond the users settings. Extra extra information: Deep down inside the Kaspersky program files, there is a file that is pre-set for first or second or third wave.
If I have four computers on one network, each updating from the same server, because of different randomly configured files inside the local application inside the local machine, each machine can receive the new patch at different time.

I received patch e late this afternoon but there was no instruction to restart to make it effective and the K icon says that I now have patch e. The first post which started the thread mentioned a re-start. Maybe K has been able to remove the need to re-start. Anyone else in the U.K. with patch e given the instruction to re-start the computer? Thanks mikethebike,

Not every module requires a restart of the computer. KL may make differences depending on the software installed. However, the update is configured that a restart of the computer is required after seven days (if this has not happened since the update).

There was a time in the past, when all patch updates resulted in prompt to update. But, that caused a flood of requests to Tech Support for more information. So, the prompt was removed. But then, people who did not restart their computers for a long time were left with the modules not properly installed for a long time. Then the prompt was changed to show the prompt after a few days. Now, who knows. the first wave is less people, maybe they do/don't get the prompt. The most people to get the patch will receive the patch on the last wave. maybe those people do/don't get the prompt. Maybe the prompt was changed when this patch was being released. youtube.com/watch?v=XcMM5-zBCEc 1. First there is a mountain, 2. Then there is no mountain, 3. Then there is.

Received Patch E today Friday 19 April, on both my machines. One prompted for an update, the other didn't, but I restarted the other pc anyway, and all is well. Great to see the red K back in the tray area, as it always used to be. Good move, Kaspersky Lab !