Pasword Manager does not open sites using the System Default Browser

Dzomlija

Kaspersky Password Manager is the best password management software I’ve seen, but I have recently encountered an issue that is rather annoying because it now opens all saved sites in Microsoft Edge and not my system default, Mozilla Firefox:

1. I open the application and enter the master password.
  2. I locate the saved login details for whichever site I need to login (For example, https://my.kaspersky.com/).
  3. I click on “Open in browser”.
  4. The page always opens in Microsoft Edge,

I’ve attached a screenshot of the Windows Settings that show Mozilla Firefox is properly set as my default browser.

I this issue perhaps related to my recent installation of the new Chromium-based Edge? And if so, how can I resolve this problem?

To be clear, I currently have Firefox, Chrome and Chromium Edge browsers installed in my system, which is running Windows 10 x64 Build 1909.

@FLOOD 

I went into KPM (9.0.2.1445 (g) / 1579513563_6388 / 1.0.363.0-0.8.3.0_1) , Setting, Browers, and set Default Browser to Mozilla Firefox.

It now works as expected, thanks!😀

It would be nice, however, if there was a setting to use the Windows system default.

I also got the KPM add-on installed into Chromium Edge also.

Now, if only I can get the Kaspersky Protection add-on  installed as well…

Hello @Dzomlija,

You’re very welcome!

Thank you for replying👌

I’m delighted the KPM/Firefox default browser issue & KPM Edge Chromium extension issue are both resolved🤸

• Regarding “It would be nice, if there was a setting to use the Windows system default”, unlike Kaspersky AV software, KPM does not work off the Windows default browser. KPM has a setting to define the Default browser, it is by design. 
  • Regarding “Kaspersky Protection add-on”, what Kaspersky AV software (name, version & patch(x)?, is installed? 

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Dzomlija,

Thank you for replying and the KTS information. 

• According to Kaspersky’s current KTS 2020 documentation & Kaspersky Total Security 20 System Requirements, Edge Chromium is not mentioned, however, Chromium-based Edge was commercially released January 15th, 2020, it may well be their documentation is under review in anticipation of a forthcoming patch, as mentioned by Kaspersky employee @Ylive stating Kaspersky Protection extension for Chromium-based Edge will be supported in upcoming patch i.
  • There’s no eta for patch i, atm KTS is on patch g, and patch h is anticipated.
  • Additionally, not Kaspersky Protection extension but specific to Chromium Edge, according to Moderator @harlan4096  “...Microsoft Edge (based in Chrome) works in upcoming K2021, I’m currently running KTS2021 last beta and Safe Money works…”

For a definitive answer, you may wish to contact Kaspersky Technical Support, after logging the request, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference #, then, normally within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will contact you, also by email; you can continue to communicate with them via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know what they say?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Thanks, @FLOOD for your trouble.

My first primary issue was with KPM using Edge as default and not Firefox. This has been resolved.

I’ll just wait awhile for the official KTS add-on for Chromium Edge, which isn’t my default browser anyway.

Thanks again. Your quick responses to my queries is precisely why I continue to use and recommend Kaspersky products to everyone.