Password Mangaer - why i need to UNLOCK every time

Hello Darrelj, I've done some testing (referring to my above post) & https://help.kaspersky.com/KPMWin/8.5/en-EN/86962.htm quote Kaspersky Password Manager prompts you for the master password every time you attempt to access the vault. unquote Conclusion (at this stage) is, if the computer is powered off/on, whether KPM is started automatically or manually, the vault will be locked & the Master Password must be used to unlock... Hmmm. The only solution would be not to power cycle the computer, however, this is not recommended. I've asked the experts for their advice, for the time being please bear with us while we wait for a definitive answer. Many thanks!

>>>Conclusion (at this stage) is, if the computer is powered off/on, whether KPM is started automatically or manually, the vault will be locked & the Master Password must be used to unlock... Hmmm.
hi Flood, yes, this conclusion is correct. Opening KPM without a password protection would be a major security flaw.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello  @Buck Rogers,

Yes, unfortunately, sometimes, the Lab can be “difficult”, their advice is: 

“The KPM auto lock feature is designed in such a way in iOS and Android with different Auto lock features due to security reasons.

&

We have escalated the support ticket earlier asking " Why are KPM autolock functions different in Android to those available in Windows and Mac with regards to " Autolock vault and choose how long Kaspersky Password Manager waits before locking the vault ". However we have been told that the information is restricted for internal use only so the information is not available anywhere, nor can be shared.” 🤐

.Thank you.

• 5 months later...

This needs sorting. I moved from LastPass, but this password request makes Kaspersky really annoying to use and makes me want to go back. I just want to be able to use the password manager in Windows and keep it unlocked.

Hello @Mument,

Welcome!

Kaspersky have tried to balance security and ease of use. 

• Selecting Auto-lock - 24hrs, means, the vault will not lock for 24hrs, unless the device is rebooted, in which case, normal one time login to unlock the vault is required.
  • Is once every 24hrs too frequent?

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Mument

Thank you for replying🙏

• Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, let them know your requirements. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human🕵 will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@Berny - I don't care about any security once it's on my PC. I just want to use KPM as a password manager, not a vault which constantly locks itself. I want to be able to a access my passwords without hassle. Other software lets the user make the decision about the level of protection they need (with appropriate warnings).