Password Manager's Chrome Extension is Extremely Slow

Go to solution Solved by Anton Mefodys,

I bought Kaspersky once again and I was loving it until I installed Password Manager’s Chrome extension, which turned my navigation experience into nightmare.

I thought it was some hardware incompatibility, but I’ve installed it in 3 different computers, one of them is a gaming computer, and all got really slow.

I’ve tried disabling all extensions and it is clearly Password Manager’s extension that is causing this issue. I have over 700 passwords stored in it and I can only reproduce this issue if the setting “Allow this extension to read and change all your data on websites you visit:” is set to On all sites. But it is only usefull for me if it’s set to such mode.

Does anybody have this issue (tons of passwords + extension making Chrome really slow)?

Hello @fsm1987

Welcome!

There’s an existing bug for Firefox / KPME, however, it has very specific *symptoms*, none of which you’ve mentioned. 

We cannot replicate the issue you’ve described, with 973 passwords, Chrome browser, KPM extension version 5.0.8.43, set as → Allow this extension to read and change all your data on websites you visit → On all sites. 

1. Have you tested if Chrome is run Incognito & KPME is set → Allow in incognito? 
  2. Has a clean install of KPM been done, on one machine, to test the outcome? 
  3. Is there any other Kaspersky software installed? 
  4. Log a request with  Kaspersky Technical Support, select Application malfunction, Application is crashing/hanging/freezing template. Provide a detailed history, including system OS / build details & software version & patch; all steps you’ve taken, Support may request logs, traces & other data, they’ll guide you: 
  5. Given the problem you describe, a video of the issue will help the technical team understand…. 🤔
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Resource:

Tutorial by @Danila T. Read before you create a new topic!

I’m having the exact same issue and I only have 110 entries. I also tested it on multiple devices which also includes my highend gaming PC. The websites will take significally longer to be ready to work with, e.g. scrolling or typing into an textfield.